Payload may not be larger than 1048576 bytes

luismss7

One of your mods is trying to send a network packet that is too big.

The logs you have posted don't show the error.

Try adding the following system property to your user_jvm_args.txt

-Dforge.logging.mojang.level=debug

To see if it will display an error in the server logs/debug.log that shows which mod.

Otherwise, the only way to find it is to experiment with removing mods until the problem goes away. (Backup your world before removing mods).

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

On 12/26/2022 at 1:41 AM, warjort said:

One of your mods is trying to send a network packet that is too big.

The logs you have posted don't show the error.

Try adding the following system property to your user_jvm_args.txt

-Dforge.logging.mojang.level=debug

To see if it will display an error in the server logs/debug.log that shows which mod.

Otherwise, the only way to find it is to experiment with removing mods until the problem goes away. (Backup your world before removing mods).

I added the argument and nothing showed up. I deleted all the files on my server except the world folder and it still gives me the same error. No mods are installed neither on the client or on the server. Here are the logs: https://gist.github.com/luismss7/76a47bb12c4706b471346a2b7ff19743

There is no error in the server log.

The client seems to stop responding when processing the registries.

[30Dec2022 14:07:24.577] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Starting new modded impl connection. Found 21 messages to dispatch.

-- snip

Packet 11 is sent and responded to here:

30Dec2022 14:07:25.652] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Registry minecraft:block_entity_type' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 11

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.675] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.LoginWrapper/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Recieved login wrapper packet event for channel fml:handshake with index 11

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.675] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Received client indexed reply 11 of type net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeMessages$C2SAcknowledge

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.675] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Received acknowledgement from client

Then nothing

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.702] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Registry minecraft:block' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 12

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.752] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Registry forge:entity_data_serializers' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 13

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.802] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Registry minecraft:mob_effect' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 14

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.852] [Server thread/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.network.HandshakeHandler/FMLHANDSHAKE]: Sending ticking packet info 'Registry minecraft:stat_type' to 'fml:handshake' sequence 15

Client disconnects

[30Dec2022 14:07:25.907] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.network.ServerLoginPacketListenerImpl/]: com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@2b9036a7[id=7f9cc1a0-5993-4793-8853-085cee8c761b,name=luigimss,properties={textures=[com.mojang.authlib.properties.Property@5e1ce4b5]},legacy=false] (/188.127.164.189:63983) lost connection: Disconnected

Add the same system property to your client launcher so we can see what is happening there.

Also if you just going to remove all the mods. You should try a fresh reinstall of the server with a new world save.

That will rule out something corrupted in your save files causing this.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Add the same system property to your client launcher so we can see what is happening there.

What do you mean by system property? The Java argument you told me to add to the server?

Also if you just going to remove all the mods. You should try a fresh reinstall of the server with a new world save.

That will rule out something corrupted in your save files causing this.

I have done that, it removes the error, but I don't want to lose the actual world save as it is a shared server.
I also know that it was cause by a conflict between two or more mods, as I have tried every mod separately and it didn't gave me a single error.

6 minutes ago, luismss7 said:

What do you mean by system property? The Java argument you told me to add to the server?

Yes. It enables logging for mojang's networking code.

6 minutes ago, luismss7 said:

I have done that, it removes the error, but I don't want to lose the actual world save as it is a shared server.
I also know that it was cause by a conflict between two or more mods, as I have tried every mod separately and it didn't gave me a single error.

If I were you I would do this:

* Start with a clean install

* Add mods "one by one" or in small groups and test it, until you hit the error. Then you have a better idea which mod(s) are causing the problem

* Once the issue is resolved, replace that test world with your backed up world

Boilerplate:

I added the argument, here are the results: https://gist.github.com/luismss7/94522e87d59f469e7cd6abbf70050abb (client).

If I were you I would do this:

* Start with a clean install

* Add mods "one by one" or in small groups and test it, until you hit the error. Then you have a better idea which mod(s) are causing the problem

* Once the issue is resolved, replace that test world with your backed up world

Exactly, but the problem is that inside the world folder there is a corrupted file, and the FTB Backups mod stopped working so I don't have any backup different than the current save. 

Unfortunately that log doesn't give any new information.

From the other information you have posted, it would not surprise me if whatever is causing the problem is a side effect of the data corruption you mention.

Boilerplate: