Remove Vanilla Armor from Loot Tables

nobdow

I am working on a 1.19.2 forge modpack where I replace all vanilla armor with armor from another mod. I have CraftTweaker installed and I have used it to remove the recipes for vanilla armor, but I cannot seem to understand how to remove vanilla armor from the loot tables of structure chests. I have both vanilla structures and modded structures which I need to adjust the loot tables for.

If anyone could give me an example of what that code might look like, that would be amazing! 

Sorry is this is a simple question. I have never coded anything before and I am totally new to all of this.

12 hours ago, nobdow said:

If anyone could give me an example of what that code might look like, that would be amazing! 

You would just need to create a global loot modifier for it and remove the armor from the list, or replace it with your own. There are currently no forge added GLMs, so you would need to program the removal/replacement method yourself.

On 1/1/2023 at 10:59 AM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

You would just need to create a global loot modifier for it and remove the armor from the list, or replace it with your own. There are currently no forge added GLMs, so you would need to program the removal/replacement method yourself.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

After reading the documentation you have linked, I think my vision has outpaced my skill haha. That is going to be beyond my ability to create.

Is there a simpler way with Crafttweaker scripts to remove the vanilla armor from the vanilla loot tables? Not replace it, and not edit the modded tables.

3 hours ago, nobdow said:

Is there a simpler way with Crafttweaker scripts to remove the vanilla armor from the vanilla loot tables? Not replace it, and not edit the modded tables.

I don't know CraftTweaker, but looking at their docs, they seem to have pretty much a carbon copy of glms, so you'll need to do the implementation either way.