1.18.2 Mods suddenly no longer working unprovoked

Marrow30

Hey there!

I've been running this game on 1.18.2 with a mod list that has been working for months on end, there has been no performance or game related issues at all before this point. But not that long ago, I tried opening up the game and it reported that there was loading errors with 7 of my mods (I've since removed one mod in recent tests, just an fyi), and there has been no alterations to my game before this point, not even with external software installed with my computer.

just for some notes, I did try removing and returning the mods one at a time, and each mod gives errors individually to each other. I did try copying my game file to an entirely different computer and ran multiple versions of forge, but it provided the same exact issues as before. And I did try re-downloading all the mods that was not working, which also did not work.

Here's the debug log and crash log respectively if this helps (sorry I didn't use pastebin or github, onedrive was the only thing viable for these files)

Debug: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AuqLsNB1b2g9kUkH1-sJPS63MBVk?e=jrGL9O

Crash: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AuqLsNB1b2g9kUoSmR8iWViP6JZI?e=UXisBo

if there's anything y'all need from me hmu and I'll get back as fast as I can, but nonetheless thank y'all in advance for helping me out

Put the files on proper file upload site. Those liinks are private.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Mod File: /C:/Users/sanra/Desktop/.minecraft/mods/IntoTheVoid-1.18.2_V1.0.3.jar
    Failure message: Into The Void (intothevoid) has failed to load correctly
        java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
    Mod Version: 1.0.0
    Mod Issue URL: NOT PROVIDED
    Exception message: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.google.gson.JsonElement.getAsInt()" because the return value of "com.google.gson.JsonObject.get(String)" is null
Stacktrace:
    at dqu.additionaladditions.config.Config.load(Config.java:71) ~[additionaladditions-4.0.5.jar%2354!/:4.0.5] {re:mixin,re:classloading}

Looks like an issue with the additionaladdtiions configuration file.

Probably got corrupted when your computer didn't shutdown properly?

The error doesn't say what the configuration file is called.

If you don't have a backup of the file, usually you can delete it and the mod will recreate it with default options.

The debug.log doesn't match the crash report.

Instead it shows you uninstalled a lot of mods, including world gen mods.

So the game is refusing to load a world that was created with those mods.

[03Jan2023 01:36:41.534] [Render thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft/]: Failed to load datapacks, can't proceed with server load
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unbound values in registry ResourceKey[minecraft:root / minecraft:worldgen/biome]: [theabyss:blue_forest, theabyss:blue_jungle, theabyss:blue_mountain, theabyss:dream_biome, theabyss:forgottenmountains, theabyss:fungal_forest, theabyss:infected_lake, theabyss:mud_plains, theabyss:phantom_crate, theabyss:plains, theabyss:pocket_biome, theabyss:radio_biome, theabyss:roggen_forest, theabyss:slime_forest, intothevoid:void_biome, theabyss:waywardsea]

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

looks like my game is running perfectly fine now after I deleted that config file, and I just have to say thank you so much for helping out with this problem.

one more question though, now I'm having the issue that my old worlds are giving me the "selected datapacks prevented the world from loading" message, should I cont. this issue here or in a new post?