Custom Item

badkraft

I'm creating an item (medallion) with some variant abilities (kind of like a wand).

I want to be able to `shift`+`left-click` on a block and get a silk touch affect. Also, if I'm trying to implement `Tier`, how do I get the `Supplier<Ingeredient>` to fulfill the implementation requirement?

...also, why is it so difficult to find good documentation?

Edited by badkraft

To have the silk touch effect, your item must have the SilkTouch enchantment.

See BlockLootSubProvider.HAS_SILK_TOUCH (1.19.3) for how vanilla decides if the silk touch block loot entries apply.

For tiers/ingredients, try this search where other people have figured it out:

https://github.com/search?q=TierSortingRegistry&type=code

If you expect closed source software not designed to be modded by others to have good documentation you are going to be disappointed.

You need to do what other modders do which is read the minecraft source and look at how other mods implement things similar to what you are trying to do.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I'm working from 1.18.2 ... but I'll see if I can find how to check for SilkTouch and giving that effect to the item.

Thanks for the hint for searching on Tiers.

37 minutes ago, warjort said:

If you expect closed source software not designed to be modded by others to have good documentation you are going to be disappointed.

You need to do what other modders do which is read the minecraft source and look at how other mods implement things similar to what you are trying to do.

I think you misunderstand my comment regarding documentation. It would be nice if there were some concerted efforts toward documentation. But I get it. Documentation is everyone's least favorite task. I'm slowly making my way through some code.

I think you misunderstand my comment regarding documentation. It would be nice

I think I understood it perfectly? You want something and expect other people to change their priorities to provide it.

Most mod developers are too busy writing their own mods or playing minecraft to write docs in what little free time they have.

That's why you should appreciate those people that do provide what exists even more.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

5 hours ago, warjort said:

I think I understood it perfectly? You want something and expect other people to change their priorities to provide it.

Most mod developers are too busy writing their own mods or playing minecraft to write docs in what little free time they have.

That's why you should appreciate those people that do provide what exists even more.

Maybe you should re-read what I said about documentation. You think it's modders who write documentation? You think I think modders write documentation? Oh brother you really think highly of yourself.

Sorry, but I refuse to continue a discussion with somebody that uses the strawman and ad hominem logical fallacies to try to win arguments.

Boilerplate: