ObfuscationReflectionHelper in 1.18.2

Syric

I'm porting a mod someone else wrote to 1.18.2. It increases mob caps. It does this using something called ObfuscationReflectionHelper, which I unfortunately have no experience with, and which seems to have been removed for 1.18.

How can I replicate the following code in 1.18.2 and beyond?

(I've already updated a few things, like changing EntityClassification to MobCategory.)

private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event) {

//		for (EntityClassification classification : EntityClassification.values()) {
//			LOGGER.error(String.format("%s: %d", classification.getName(), classification.getMaxNumberOfCreature()));
//		}

try {
			Field mobCap = ObfuscationReflectionHelper.findField(MobCategory.class, "field_75606_e");
			mobCap.setAccessible(true);

Field modifierField = Field.class.getDeclaredField("modifiers");
			modifierField.setAccessible(true);
			modifierField.setInt(mobCap, mobCap.getModifiers() & ~Modifier.FINAL);

mobCap.setInt(MobCategory.MONSTER, Config.MONSTER_CAP.get());
			mobCap.setInt(MobCategory.CREATURE, Config.CREATURE_CAP.get());
			mobCap.setInt(MobCategory.AMBIENT, Config.AMBIENT_CAP.get());
			mobCap.setInt(MobCategory.WATER_CREATURE, Config.WATER_CREATURE_CAP.get());
			mobCap.setInt(MobCategory.WATER_AMBIENT, Config.WATER_AMBIENT_CAP.get());
		} catch (NoSuchFieldException | IllegalAccessException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

//		for (EntityClassification classification : EntityClassification.values()) {
//			LOGGER.error(String.format("%s: %d", classification.getName(), classification.getMaxNumberOfCreature()));
//		}

}

15 hours ago, Syric said:

I'm porting a mod someone else wrote to 1.18.2. It increases mob caps. It does this using something called ObfuscationReflectionHelper, which I unfortunately have no experience with, and which seems to have been removed for 1.18.

ObfuscationReflectionHelper still exists, though not in the same location.

15 hours ago, Syric said:

How can I replicate the following code in 1.18.2 and beyond?

The same way as in the previous version, only with the class and srg field name updated. Though, you should be enqueueing that through #enqueueWork as the operation is not thread-safe.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I'm using Modrinth as a launcher for a forge modpack on 1.20.1, and can't diagnose the issue on the crash log myself. Have tried repairing the Minecraft instillation as well as removing a few mods that have been problematic for me in the past to no avail. Crash log is below, if any further information is necessary let me know. Thank you! https://paste.ee/p/k6xnS
    • Hey folks. I am working on a custom "Mecha" entity (extended from LivingEntity) that the player builds up from blocks that should get modular stats depending on the used blocks. e.g. depending on what will be used for the legs, the entity will have a different jump strength. However, something unexpected is happening when trying to override a few of LivingEntity's functions and using my new own "Mecha" specific fields: instead of their actual instance-specific value, the default value is used (0f for a float, null for an object...) This is especially strange as when executing with the same entity from a point in the code specific to the mecha entity, the correct value is used. Here are some code snippets to better illustrate what I mean: /* The main Mecha class, cut down for brevity */ public class Mecha extends LivingEntity { protected float jumpMultiplier; //somewhere later during the code when spawning the entity, jumpMultiplier is set to something like 1.5f //changing the access to public didn't help @Override //Overridden from LivingEntity, this function is only used in the jumpFromGround() function, used in the aiStep() function, used in the LivingEntity tick() function protected float getJumpPower() { //something is wrong with this function //for some reason I can't correctly access the fields and methods from the instanciated entity when I am in one of those overridden protected functions. this is very annoying LogUtils.getLogger().info(String.valueOf(this.jumpMultiplier))) //will print 0f return this.jumpMultiplier * super.getJumpPower(); } //The code above does not operate properly. Written as is, the entity will not jump, and adding debug logs shows that when executing the code, the value of this.jumpMultiplier is 0f //in contrast, it will be the correct value when done here: @Override public void tick() { super.tick(); //inherited LivingEntity logic //Custom logic LogUtils.getLogger().info(String.valueOf(this.jumpMultiplier))) //will print 1.5f } } My actual code is slightly different, as the jumpMuliplier is stored in another object (so I am calling "this.legModule.getJumpPower()" instead of the float), but even using a simple float exactly like in the code above didn't help. When running my usual code, the object I try to use is found to be null instead, leading to a crash from a nullPointerException. Here is the stacktrace of said crash: The full code can be viewed here. I have found a workaround in the case of jump strength, but have already found the same problem for another parameter I want to do, and I do not understand why the code is behaving as such, and I would very much like to be able to override those methods as intended - they seemed to work just fine like that for vanilla mobs... Any clues as to what may be happening here?
    • Please delete post. Had not noticed the newest edition for 1.20.6 which resolves the issue.
    • https://paste.ee/p/GTgAV Here's my debug log, I'm on 1.18.2 with forge 40.2.4 and I just want to get it to work!! I cant find any mod names in the error part and I would like some help from the pros!! I have 203 mods at the moment.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.