Forge installer (forge-1.19.2-43.2.6-installer) not opening

Lirleith

I've been trying to install forge on my new computer (running Windows 11) and have been having issues. When trying to run the 1.19.2 forge installer (and after more testing, any other version of forge installer) I get the following error:

Something went wrong while installing.<br/> Check log for more details:<br/>java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.io.InputStream.read(byte[])" because "stream" is null

I have the latest version of java (and have tried re-installing it) and I've tried re-installing Minecraft incase that somehow did something. I don't have a clue what's causing this because I've never had an issue with installing Forge on other computers.

17 minutes ago, Hipposgrumm said:

Can you send the log? It's usually in the same folder as the installer.

So sorry, but would I be able to just search the name of the log on file explorer, and if so what is the file's name? With the enable logging active, I've done as much skimming folders as possible (and a good bit of googling) to try and find the log and I've had no luck. 

16 minutes ago, Lirleith said:

So sorry, but would I be able to just search the name of the log on file explorer

Try putting the installer in a separate folder and run it again. You should then have no problem finding the log.

I'm not good at modding, but at least I can read a crash report (well enough). That's something, right?

1 minute ago, Hipposgrumm said:

Try putting the installer in a separate folder and run it again. You should then have no problem finding the log.

The only file that is created when running the installer is labeled, "installer" and says:

JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 19.0.1 - 19.0.1+10-21
java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Found java version 19.0.1

So. If anyone's wondering what my issue was. I needed to remove the exclamation points from one of the folders everything was contained in. Everything I was struggling with that had to do with java magically fixed itself when I got rid of exclamation points in the root folders.