- *FIXED* -Error Code 1 - Minecraft crashing *instantly* upon launching.

Ay_Oxie

Just like the title says-- I have absolutely no idea what's going on and can't even provide logs of any kind because as far as I'm aware mc crashes right as I launch the game, which is to say the console doesn't even have the time to boot up, and no crash reports are provided. I'm running forge on 1.19.3 with version 44-1.23 and only small, client-side mods which aren't even in the game files right now (I took them out to figure out the root of the issue but removing mods doesn't change a thing). The plan was to use this on a multiplayer server I made with some friends, but in the end I only got to launch the game a couple times to try it out and configure the mods. During one attempt my laptop bluescreened while booting up the game and my guess is it stopped working ever since because I kinda gave up after that and only tried again the day after. Do note that only the forge version crashes, the rest can launch without any issues.

I've already tried the "conventional" methods of fixing this issue by myself - namely reinstalling Java and forge, removing mods and emptying the versions folder - but so far everything has turned out useless so I'm turning to the only place where I might get a definitive answer which is, well, here. If anyone needs information from somewhere on my pc I can try looking. Really, any help at all is appreciated!

Post the launcher_log.txt from directly after the crash.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

[Info: 2023-04-10 10:45:31.0068269: MinecraftJavaLoggingContext.cpp(52)] Game/game () Info Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load FML config from <WORKDIR>\.minecraft\config\fml.toml

Your fml.toml is invalid/corrupted.

If you don't have a backup of the file, you can delete it and it will be recreated with default values.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Okay, deleted said file and the game's now launching without any(? that I can see at least) issues. Thanks a lot for the help!! Though, indulge my curiosity; what's that file for and how is it so important that it leads to a game crash if it's invalid?

• Ay_Oxie changed the title to - *FIXED* -Error Code 1 - Minecraft crashing *instantly* upon launching.

FML = Forge Mod Loader

It's one of the main config files.

Boilerplate: