Forge Releases are making me download something that ISN'T minecraft forge.

gspeed06

Just now, gspeed06 said:

So every time I try to download a forge release, it takes me to a different website to download "Setup.exe". when trying this, it downloaded so much stuff that isn't Minecraft forge. This is for all releases and I need help big time.

the official site to download forge is https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/, if this is the same URL you are downloading from I would highly recommend you scan your computer for viruses and check if any extensions to your browser are redirecting you to malware sites or malware downloads. Please note the download file should be an executable .jar and yes initially it sends you to an AdFoc.us link so all you have to do is wait till the timer is done on the top right and click "Skip" do not click or download anything else 

Edited by sFXprt

• 2 weeks later...