TileEntitySpecialRenderer Multiblock Clipping Culling Issues

xeed

Hello everyone,

i'm pretty new to minecraftmodding. I currently working on some MultiblockStructures. Since I would like to have multiple scaling of the same structure (2x1x2, 3x1x3, ...), i figured it would be best to use the TileEntitySpecialRenderer to render a .obj and scale it with a parameter of my TileEntity. I'd have a couple of Slave Blocks and one Baseblock. The Slaveblocks don't get rendered at all and the base model gets a offset to the center of the structure and the scale, as mentioned. So far so good.

Everything works fine, except for one litte flaw.

Since the base block is in the middle of the structure and the view does only include the edges of the upscaled model, it gets completly clipped out, because the base block can't be seen anymore.

Is there a way to extend the ?renderingbox? of the block somehow?

I don't know what it could be called and srsly I don't know why this is even happening. I did some OpenGL coding before and usually the program doesn't need to care to carve some not seen objects out of the scene, so every face gets rendered, if it is in the viewport.

I hope you get what my problem is. I'd appreciate your help.