Jump to content

[1.19.4] Custom biomes aren't counted in the adventuring time advancement


Recommended Posts

I'm editing some vanilla advancements to include my mod's features, and I've noticed something strange about the adventuring time advancement (the one where you have to discover all overworld biomes).

You can see my edited advancement json file here: https://github.com/JimiIT92/MineWorld/blob/master/src/main/resources/data/minecraft/advancements/adventure/adventuring_time.json

What I did is simply add 3 biomes to the criteria and add them into the requirements as well. So the biomes required for the advancement should now be 56 instead of 53. However, in the advancement screen, it keeps saying that I need to discover 53 biomes, instead of 56, which is also strange due to the fact that if I go inside one of the 3 added biomes the counter for the discovered biomes increases, so it recognize that going into that biome will count towards the advancement.

I don't know what's causing this, since I did a similar thing to the "a balanced diet" advancement, where I added 2 foods to the requirements and the counter properly says the correct amount (which is 42 instead of vanilla 40, you can find the JSON here).

I've also tried to remove both modded biomes and a vanilla biome from the requirements, from which I expected the counter to at least go down by one, but it still says 53 no matter what... So how can I change this counter to display the correct amount of biomes that are required for the advancement? Could it have something to do with how I register the biomes (which I do here)?

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I try your mod it says I need 55 biomes.

I doubt advancements will change once you have created them? Unless you do something like vanilla's datafixerupper.

You probably need to create a new world/player to test any changes to the definition.


The way you are doing this is very brittle. Another mod doing the same thing is going to conflict.

But I don't know a better way to do it.


If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's really weird, I've just created a new world both in a dev environment or with a real account, and in both cases the count is incorrect for some reason.

By the way I know this will cause mod conflicts, but since there aren't any other ways the only compromise I can think of is to use tags, but I don't know if that will actually work

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.