Play a custom sound based on player coordinates

LORD MJ

Hello Forge community.

I really hope someone is willing to help me. I'm currently playing a map in SSP and I want to create a underground environment based on Metro 2033. So I have a proper texture pack that makes my world look awesome. But I want my world to SOUND awesome too.

I already know that you can use resource packs to replace sounds, and then play them using the command blocks. The problem is I want to use a lot of custom sounds and I know I won't have enough sounds to replace in default Minecraft, and I would like to keep most of the original sounds.

So then I need to turn myself to modding! Unfortunately, I'm a noob when it comes to Java. And yes I did read that I need to have basic knowledge of Java. I just need someone to write the code that I need, and then I will work to implement it into Minecraft.

So my request is really simple (at least I hope it is ;)). I want the mod to check player's coordinates in the world and whenever it finds a match it should play a custom sound on loop.

So for example: Let's say that the coordinates of room I'm in are as follows: X=1 Y=1 Z=64 to X=5 Y=5 Z=69. So while I'm in between those two coordinates set, the mod should play a custom sound on a loop.

Well that's it for my little request. I really hope someone can help make this a reality. I really hope I'm not asking too much. I know most of you guys and gals are busy making real mods, but I hope some of you will find time to help me.

Thanks for reading.

courses.vswe.se  <--- Great place to learn java and minecraft modding! (1.6.X minecraft courses after the java courses are completed, all for free!!!)

How to add sounds and play them:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1886370-forge16x-mazs-tutorials-custom-sounds-fluids190713/

Now what you want to do is to use a tickhandler or something to check the players position and if the player's position is between the specified coords then play sound at him :P

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...