Issue

Sikhstar97

So my last topic I posted in this section on PlayerInteractEvent was a bit messed up. I've rethought what's wrong and fixed it. But now there is a second problem. Here is the code:

@ForgeSubscribe
public void playerInteractEvent(PlayerInteractEvent event)
{
	EntityPlayer player = event.entityPlayer;
	if(player.getCurrentEquippedItem() != null && player.getCurrentEquippedItem().itemID == Base.tankEmpty.itemID && event.action == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR)
	{	
		if (!player.capabilities.isCreativeMode)
		{
			--player.getCurrentEquippedItem().stackSize;
		}

player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir));

if (!player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir)))
		{
			player.dropPlayerItem(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir.itemID, 1, 0));
		}
	}
}

The code looks fine to me and it works. However, when I play the game and right click mid air with my "tankEmpty", it returns 2 "tankAir" instead of just 1. Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

if (player.worldObj.isRemote)

return;

if(player.getCurrentEquippedItem() != null && player.getCurrentEquippedItem().itemID == Base.tankEmpty.itemID && event.action == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR)

{

All that's done is cause the stack to decrease in size but now NO items are returned at all.

if (!player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir)))

You are giving it twice here. I'd recommend removing the first line.

Hum are you sure? The addItemStackToInventory in the brackets of the if statement just checks if its been added. I wouldn't think it would cause it to return twice. I'll try out what you said and get back to you asap.

So I tried your recommendation. It didn't work. Now, with space in the inventory, nothing returns but the stack size of empty tanks still decrease and when my inventory is full, the air tank that should be returned is dropped (as it should do). Unfortunately though it did not work. Any other ideas anyone?

Ok so this is my new code:

if(player.getCurrentEquippedItem() != null && player.getCurrentEquippedItem().itemID == Base.tankEmpty.itemID)
	{	
		if(event.action == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR)
		{

if (!player.capabilities.isCreativeMode && player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir)) == true)
			{
			}
		}
	}

I've changed it so that when there's no more space, the empty tank stack size does not decrease. This works fine.

However the issue of 2 items returning instead of 1 is back.

I can see how the bit

&& player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir)) == true)

causes this.

Question: is there a better way to check if the itemstack has been added (one that does not cause 2 of the item to return)?

Hi

I might be missing something obvious, but is this what you want?

if(player.getCurrentEquippedItem() != null && player.getCurrentEquippedItem().itemID == Base.tankEmpty.itemID)
	{	
		{
                                                boolean itemWasAdded = player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir));

if (!player.capabilities.isCreativeMode && itemWasAdded)
			{
			}
		}
	}

-TGG

Hi

I might be missing something obvious, but is this what you want?

{	
		{
                                                boolean itemWasAdded = player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Base.tankAir));

if (!player.capabilities.isCreativeMode && itemWasAdded)
			{
			}
		}
	}

-TGG

Wow, that worked. Thank you so much. You sir are going on my "awesome list" :D