Removing post delay for active Members

TileEntity

Hiho,

is there a way for reducing or removing the post delay for active Members?

I often run into the issue that I have to wait about 45 seconds before I can reply

Maybe there is a way to combine it with the Rank or similar?

I know that the delay is important for flood control, but bots are new Members and not quite active - so a line can be drawn between a bot and an active member

I have no idea what options the forum software offers - but an implementation would be nice

• Like 1

You have been awarded a "Superhelper" role as a thank you for consistently providing great help to the community, which should reduce and remove various restrictions that normal members have in order to combat spam.

There shouldn't be any cooldowns for you, so I'll look into this issue and try resolving it.

I intend on eventually automating the awarding of this role to active members but it's pretty tedious to setup properly.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 12/21/2023 at 11:36 PM, TileEntity said:

Hiho,

is there a way for reducing or removing the post delay for active Members?

I often run into the issue that I have to wait about 45 seconds before I can reply

Maybe there is a way to combine it with the Rank or similar?

I know that the delay is important for flood control, but bots are new Members and not quite active - so a line can be drawn between a bot and an active member

I have no idea what options the forum software offers - but an implementation would be nice

Hello!!

Waiting around 45 seconds to reply can be a drag, especially when you're in the middle of a conversation.

It might be worth looking into whether the forum software can tweak things a bit. Like maybe active members could have a shorter delay or none at all, while newbies or less active folks still have to wait.

I don't have the power to change this myself, but I'll mention it to the forum mods. 

Hang in there!