I need some help with item id's

jibbity

Im having an issue were I set the item id for a it in the game, however changes to a different number when I run the client.

package hydroblocks;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkMod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.LanguageRegistry;

@Mod(modid = HydroBlocks.modid, name = "HydroBlocks Mod", version ="1.0" )
@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired = true, serverSideRequired = false)
public class HydroBlocks 
{
public static final String modid = "pandateam_HydroBlocks";

public static Block hydromixerBlock;

public static Item hydronutrientsItem;

@EventHandler
public void load(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
{	//2620 is working
	hydromixerBlock = new BlockHydroMixerBlock(2620, Material.rock).setUnlocalizedName("hydromixerBlock");

GameRegistry.registerBlock(hydromixerBlock, modid + hydromixerBlock.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));

LanguageRegistry.addName(hydromixerBlock, "Hydro Mixer");

//26201 is meant to be the block ID however it seems to be randomly set
	hydronutrientsItem = new Itemhydronutrients(26201).setUnlocalizedName("hydroponicnutrientsItem");

LanguageRegistry.addName(hydronutrientsItem, "Hydroponic Nutrients");
}
}

The item in question that I am having an issue with is the hydronutrientsItem the block id I want to set it to is 26201, however this wont work. When I run the client it sets the item id as 26457

Why don't you just put id 2621?

That would be a block ID, not an item ID.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Because IDs lower than 4096 will conflict with blocks.  Highly not recommended.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

package hydroblocks;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

public class Itemhydronutrients extends Item
{

public Itemhydronutrients(int id) {
	super(id);
	this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMaterials);
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public void registerIcons(IconRegister par1IconRegister)
{
	this.itemIcon = par1IconRegister.registerIcon(HydroBlocks.modid + ":" + (this.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5)));
}
}

I think you don't have ramdom number into the game. You only have youID + 256, try:

hydronutrientsItem = new Itemhydronutrients(26201 - 256).setUnlocalizedName("hydroponicnutrientsItem");

It happens because minecraft adds 256 to the ID you set to items, so if you want an item with ID 3000, you will have to write 3000 - 256 or 2744

I think you don't have ramdom number into the game. You only have youID + 256, try:

hydronutrientsItem = new Itemhydronutrients(26201 - 256).setUnlocalizedName("hydroponicnutrientsItem");

It happens because minecraft adds 256 to the ID you set to items, so if you want an item with ID 3000, you will have to write 3000 - 256 or 2744

Thank you very much, and to everyone who replied.

package hydroblocks;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

public class Itemhydronutrients extends Item
{

public Itemhydronutrients(int id) {
	super(id);
	this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMaterials);
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public void registerIcons(IconRegister par1IconRegister)
{
	this.itemIcon = par1IconRegister.registerIcon(HydroBlocks.modid + ":" + (this.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5)));
}
}

I just noticed: you defined the block and the item inside public void load. try defining it outside of it like this:

public static Item Redpick = new ItemRedpick(2000, toolRed).setUnlocalizedName("Redpick");
public static Block RedOre = new RedOre(2009, Material.rock).setUnlocalizedName("RedOre");

Thank you very much, and to everyone who replied.

The +/- 256 is from the Olden Days when items started at 256 (because blocks were 0-255) but had their own IDs.  So the +256 was to offset them to avoid conflicts with blocks.  It's not needed any more, but the offset is still there as part of some legacy code.  You don't need to worry about it being exact.  In fact, de-offseting it will make your mod slightly less compatible with other mods, as when the user goes to try and solve an ID conflict he'll see this:

I:SomeOtherModItemID=4744

I:YourModItemID=5000

And be like "why the fuck are these two items conflicting?  They don't have the same ID!"  But surprise, surprise, both IDs get shifted up by 256 (5000, 5256) then you downshift yours again (5000,  5000) and there's a conflict.

And don't modify what the config tells you is there.  Don't subtract 256, don't pass go, and don't collect $200.