[Solved!] Crash after re-launch/second play [Forge] (‘New Lightweight’ modpack)

When I install the 'New Lightweight' modpack through CurseForge, my game launches fine and I can create and enter my worlds without any issues. However, if I close Minecraft and reopen it, it crashes when I try to enter my world. It gives me the an 'Exit Code: 6'.

Interestingly, I found a pattern and a workaround. The pattern: every time I launched Minecraft the second time it started updating/patching for a short moment. Seemingly, this update corrupts the files, because the next time I try to enter a world the game crashes. The workaround: if I delete the 'Install' folder in /curseforge/minecraft/Install, and close CurseForge, the application is forced to redownload the files and afterwards I am able to play the game again without issues. After this, the pattern repeats itself.

Redownloading the 'Install' folder (the workaround) takes a lot of time which makes it very annoying. So, how can I prevent the crashes from happening without the workaround? 

As a side note, when I try to launch the game after manual installation of the modpack (with Forge, but without the auto-install by CurseForge), the game always crashes.

Game version: 1.20.1 [Forge]  
Forge version: 47.2.0  
Java version: 8, update 391  

Edited by JuztinVestigium
Solved

12 hours ago, TileEntity said:

Maybe use another Launcher like AT Launcher or MultiMC - you can also use these to install Curseforge modpacks

See my fix below!

Thanks for your reply. I tried multiple other launcher and still got crashes. However, I tried something else myself:

I disabled launcher updates by following the instructions in this post. I had to rename the keyword "channel" in the launcher_settings.json to something random like "none". The launcher will not auto-update anymore and the game does not crash.

Edited by JuztinVestigium

• JuztinVestigium changed the title to [Solved!] Crash after re-launch/second play [Forge] (‘New Lightweight’ modpack)