The Mod File ...\build\resources\main has mods that were not found

LazrProductions

I'm working on porting my mod to 1.20.4 from 1.20-1.20.1 and after fixing all the new errors and getting Minecraft to start it gives me this error:

spacer.png

It also says this in the latest.log:

[30Jan2024 02:10:57.520] [Render thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft/]: Setting user: Dev
[30Jan2024 02:10:57.663] [Render thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft/]: Backend library: LWJGL version 3.3.2+13
[30Jan2024 02:10:58.068] [Render thread/FATAL] [net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader/LOADING]: File C:\Users\...\cuffed\build\resources\main constructed 0 mods: [], but had 1 mods specified: [cuffed]
[30Jan2024 02:10:58.068] [Render thread/FATAL] [net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader/LOADING]: The following classes are missing, but are reported in the mods.toml: [cuffed]
[30Jan2024 02:10:58.068] [Render thread/FATAL] [net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader/LOADING]: The following mods are missing, but have classes in the jar: []
[30Jan2024 02:10:58.088] [Render thread/FATAL] [net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader/CORE]: Failed to initialize mod containers
net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoadingException: The Mod File C:\Users\...\cuffed\build\resources\main has mods that were not found

My mods.toml file is file and looks like it should work, here is is just in case:

modLoader="javafml"
loaderVersion="[49,)"
license="All Rights Reserved"

[[mods]]
modId="cuffed"
version="1.1.2"
displayName="Cuffed"
authors="Lazr Productions"
description='''A mod that adds handcuffs, keys, and more!'''

[[dependencies.cuffed]]

modId="forge" #mandatory
    mandatory=true #mandatory
    versionRange="[49,)"
    ordering="NONE"
    side="BOTH"

[[dependencies.cuffed]]
    modId="minecraft"
    mandatory=true
    versionRange="[1.20.4,1.21)"
    ordering="NONE"
    side="BOTH"

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same issue. The only thing I could do is to remove parchment mappings entirely from config files and replace config files from the MDK:

1. replace build.gradle from MDK

2. restore official mapping in build.properties

3. replace src\main\resources\META-INF\mods.toml from MDK sample.