Item Interaction not responding

billabrian6

I just want the item to do something simple and saw the itemInteractionForEntity() method in a tutorial. Does this still work or has it changed?

I'm currently running 964. The item shows up when running, but when hitting an enemy I get no response from the item.

Here is my code for that item:

package billabrian6.mymod;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

import net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving;

import net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase;

import net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityCreeper;

import net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityZombie;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

public class MyItem extends Item {

public MyItem(int id) {

super(id);

setMaxStackSize(16);

setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMisc);

setUnlocalizedName("myItem");

}

@Override

public boolean itemInteractionForEntity(ItemStack itemstack,

EntityPlayer player, EntityLivingBase target) {

player.addChatMessage("Your inside me O.o");

if (!target.worldObj.isRemote) {

target.motionY = 2;

}

return false;

}

}

I can't thank you enough! I had a total retard moment =/ Never thought to click the right mouse...

You know...its like sheers...

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • As the title says. I'm trying to make an item that uses custom models (with different perspectives), and has different item property overrides. Attached is the json. I've tried moving the "overrides" field outside "perspectives", but it hasnt helped. I've also moved the overrides into the actual tarotdeck_3d file as well but get the same error. I have also tried changing "model" to "parent" for all the overrides but I get a JsonSyntaxException saying "Missing model, expected to find a string." First time dealing with ItemProperties. I am aware I could probably use datagen but I want to understand the json first. Please let me know how to fix this or if you need any more info!   (side note please ignore any breakings of convention I was really tired when I did a large majority of the json stuff and was not about to redo all of it)   { "parent": "minecraft:item/handheld", "loader": "forge:separate_transforms", "base": { "parent": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_3d" }, "perspectives": { "gui": { "parent": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_gui" }, "ground": { "parent": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_dropped" }, "fixed": { "parent": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_3d", "overrides": [ { "predicate": { "card": 0 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_0" }, { "predicate": { "card": 1 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_1" }, { "predicate": { "card": 2 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_2" }, { "predicate": { "card": 3 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_3" }, { "predicate": { "card": 4 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_4" }, { "predicate": { "card": 5 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_5" }, { "predicate": { "card": 6 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_6" }, { "predicate": { "card": 7 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_7" }, { "predicate": { "card": 10 }, "model": "tubeweapons:item/tarotdeck_3d" } ] } } }  
    • Hello, I am having alot of trouble with Forgematica crashing me. When I join the world and attempt to load the schematic in, it will crash. Note: This has never happened before and all was running smoothly and perfectly fine. I did not change anything and it randomly began happening. Here is the crashlog using Forgematica: https://github.com/Munkeis/Crashlog/blob/main/README.md?plain=1  
    • It seems like the mob names may be an issue with this, I was having the same issue on 1.20.1 but I turned mob names to player list and added a chunk pre generator mod and that seemed to help
    • Remove immersive_melodies

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.