Game not responding after a few seconds of being launched (Forge 1.21 - 51.0.18)

yoonxino

I downloaded forge for 1.21 because I wanted to play the new update with a few mods. When I load up the game on the forge installation, the game seems to launch fine, but then freezes and goes into that "not responding" state a few seconds after sitting on the menu. It stays on not responding forever, and I have to close the game myself. The normal vanilla game without forge loads and works perfectly fine, though.

The exit code I receive is either 1 or -805306369, depending on how I close the game. When I force close with task manager, I get exit code 1. When I close using the not responding menu (close the program or wait for it to respond), I get exit code -805306369.

I tried taking all of the mods out to see if they were the problem, but the same issue still persists even with 0 mods in the mods folder. The pastebin linked is the log from when I launched the game with forge after taking all of the mods out of the mods folder.
(Nothing ever shows up in the crash-reports folder, but I do have this from the logs): https://pastebin.com/9bL8awvE
I had to delete some of the bottom of the log to be able to upload it onto pastebin, but anything deleted was identical to the lines there at the bottom.

Some things I have tried include: Allocating more ram, updating display drivers, updating java version (currently have Java 21, tried switching to java 17 but that did not work either), removing or changing settings on programs that may conflict with minecraft (followed this list https://minecrafthopper.net/help/known-incompatible-software/). None have worked so far.

I'm aware of course that this is a beta version of forge, but I just wanted to see if there was something I could do to fix this, or if I will just need to wait for a more stable, non beta version to be released.

Just to make sure, did you update your video drivers from the AMD website? That's where you want to get your graphics updates from if not.

That error in the logs just looks very weird to me

[25Jun2024 00:33:45.370] [Render thread/INFO] [com.mojang.blaze3d.platform.GlDebug/]: OpenGL debug message: id=1009, source=API, type=ERROR, severity=HIGH, message='No detailed debug message due to a non-debug context'

1 hour ago, Ugdhar said:

Just to make sure, did you update your video drivers from the AMD website? That's where you want to get your graphics updates from if not.

That error in the logs just looks very weird to me

Yes, I downloaded the driver off of the official website and downloaded AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition in the process. It's showing me that my driver is up to date. I could try uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if there was anything I missed during the installation process, maybe?

Edit: Update, I downloaded the AMD stuff again following the exact instructions in the FAQ, and I am still getting the same issue.

Edited by yoonxino

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • It's not only with storage drawers, but in create: Deco too with these mods we added create: deco and inventory sorter (by cpw) these 3 were all recently we play in 1.20.1
    • You should post full logs to show the big picture.   Does it work without Optifine?
    • I play with my friends on a shared world with essential mod, but recently we added storage drawers an the blocs of it show random blocs. Can someone help me? In the following image, the walls are oak drawers and the birch drwaer is the drawer controller. https://ibb.co/wKfBvtF
    • The error code shows that i have outdated mods, but only coFH core crashes my game and it's not outdated + i double checked and its on the right version of forge. -- Head -- Thread: Render thread Stacktrace:     at cofh.core.client.PostEffect.m_6213_(PostEffect.java:80) ~[cofh_core-1.20.1-11.0.2.56.jar%23218!/:11.0.2] {re:mixin,re:classloading}     at cofh.core.client.PostBuffer.m_6213_(PostBuffer.java:96) ~[cofh_core-1.20.1-11.0.2.56.jar%23218!/:11.0.2] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraft.server.packs.resources.ResourceManagerReloadListener.m_10759_(ResourceManagerReloadListener.java:15) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:computing_frames,re:classloading,re:mixin}     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniRun.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:787) ~[?:?] {}     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Completion.run(CompletableFuture.java:482) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraft.server.packs.resources.SimpleReloadInstance.m_143940_(SimpleReloadInstance.java:69) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:classloading}     at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_6367_(BlockableEventLoop.java:198) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default}     at net.minecraft.util.thread.ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.m_6367_(ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.java:23) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,re:computing_frames,re:classloading}     at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_7245_(BlockableEventLoop.java:163) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default} -- Overlay render details -- Details:     Overlay name: net.minecraftforge.client.loading.ForgeLoadingOverlay Stacktrace:     at net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer.m_109093_(GameRenderer.java:1385) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:OptiFine:default,pl:mixin:APP:moonlight-common.mixins.json:GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:APP:supplementaries-common.mixins.json:GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:APP:mixins.cofhcore.json:GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:APP:create.mixins.json:accessor.GameRendererAccessor,pl:mixin:APP:create.mixins.json:client.GameRendererMixin,pl:mixin:A}     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.m_91383_(Minecraft.java:1146) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.m_91374_(Minecraft.java:718) ~[client-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23267!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:218) ~[1.20.1-forge-47.3.0.jar:?] {re:mixin,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,re:classloading,pl:mixin:APP:flywheel.mixins.json:ClientMainMixin,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?] {}     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.runTarget(CommonLaunchHandler.java:111) ~[fmlloader-1.20.1-47.3.0.jar:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonLaunchHandler.clientService(CommonLaunchHandler.java:99) ~[fmlloader-1.20.1-47.3.0.jar:?] {}     at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonClientLaunchHandler.lambda$makeService$0(CommonClientLaunchHandler.java:25) ~[fmlloader-1.20.1-47.3.0.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:30) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:53) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:71) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:108) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:78) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) ~[modlauncher-10.0.9.jar:?] {}     at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:141) ~[bootstraplauncher-1.1.2.jar:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?] {}     at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?] {}     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?] {}     at crystallauncher.MinecraftConstructor.run(MinecraftConstructor.java:29) ~[proxyserver.jar%2380!/:?] {}     at crystallauncher.MineClient.start(MineClient.java:201) ~[proxyserver.jar%2380!/:?] {}     at crystallauncher.MineClient.main(MineClient.java:42) ~[proxyserver.jar%2380!/:?] {}
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.