[SOLVED][1.7.2] Missing dependencies issues with latest src 10.12.0.997

glassjfss

Hey all,

I'm trying to install and build the latest source in eclipse.

Using a fresh install of Eclipse and a fresh download of Forge source on Mavericks 10.9.1 gives me the following errors: http://i.imgur.com/MO5mkwk.jpg

Funnily enough, 10.12.0.996 worked fine a few days ago but since 10.12.0.997 was released even rolling back to that version doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I had the same issue, and I think it's related to an issue that's been floating around.  It has to do with being on a Mac, which causes gradle to reach for the '-nightly-131017' (or some date) build off of a server maintained by Mojang.  I don't know enough to explain why, but apparently Mojang isn't maintaining that particular file correctly.

The solution?  After you've run gradle setupDecompWorkspace (or eclipse) there should be a file build/dev.json.  In it is a listing of dependencies for gradle to gather.  Three of them have to do with lwjgl and end in '-nightly-131017'.  Just edit the file to remove the ending from those three, and then rerun gradle setupDecompWorkspace.  I would recommend making a backup of he dev.json though, because it seems to get overridden with the -nightly-131017 stuff every time, and you have to get rid of it every time before you use any gradle command.

Let me know how it goes!

The solution?  After you've run gradle setupDecompWorkspace (or eclipse) there should be a file build/dev.json.  In it is a listing of dependencies for gradle to gather.  Three of them have to do with lwjgl and end in '-nightly-131017'.  Just edit the file to remove the ending from those three, and then rerun gradle setupDecompWorkspace.  I would recommend making a backup of he dev.json though, because it seems to get overridden with the -nightly-131017 stuff every time, and you have to get rid of it every time before you use any gradle command.

Let me know how it goes!

Awesome, it worked! I've had an issue with dev.json before with it pointing towards a URL that returned a 403. Ended up being the same kind of fix.

Thank you, mercrutio!

Let me know how it goes!

Awesome, it worked! I've had an issue with dev.json before with it pointing towards a URL that returned a 403. Ended up being the same kind of fix.

Thank you, mercrutio!

I also have been using this workaround. If you switch to using the github repository for getting updates, you can commit this workaround in your local copy by changing the file jsons/1.7.2-dev.json:

diff --git a/jsons/1.7.2-dev.json b/jsons/1.7.2-dev.json

index 2f0c5e7..93d6b2c 100644

--- a/jsons/1.7.2-dev.json

+++ b/jsons/1.7.2-dev.json

@@ -144,7 +144,7 @@

}

},

{

-      "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl:2.9.1-nightly-20131017",

+      "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl:2.9.1",

"rules": [

{

"action": "allow",

@@ -155,7 +155,7 @@

]

},

{

-      "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl_util:2.9.1-nightly-20131017",

+      "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl_util:2.9.1",

{

@@ -166,7 +166,7 @@

]

},

{

-      "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl-platform:2.9.1-nightly-20131017",

+      "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl-platform:2.9.1",

{

Is there any good reason for using the 2.9.1-nightly-20131017 vs. just plain 2.9.1? If this change were committed to fml, this would make things run a bit smoother at least for OSX modders.

[i submitted this change as https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/pull/347 for those following along.]