Trying to start server but won't launch

Hi. I've been trying to re-open an old server of mine. At first i used Aternos for the hosting, but now after a few years i wanted to try hosting it myself. I pulled all the files i could get, installed the server and tried to run it, but it just crashed. I sadly don't understand the output well enough to know the issue. It started happening right after adding the libraries. When the libraries were missing it told me they weren't there. I've included the output below.

Output of jar

hiya! im new here.

8 minutes ago, TileEntity said:

Make sure you are using Java 8

In the start script, replace the word java with the java 8 path to the javaw.exe and put it into quotation marks

For example:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_311\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx8G -Xms8G -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2860.jar
pause

Huh, that worked easily for some reason. Thank you. The server started booting and loaded successfully.

• Like 1

hiya! im new here.