I need my 1.6.4 Non Gradle Dev Env Back

zanda268

I wanted a fresh start on my dev setup so I deleted my old forge setup and attempted to re-run the exact same zip I used to install it originally and what do you know, it now gives me a failed hash check error.  I imagine Lex Manos, in his utter insanity, decided to remove even the choice of allowing us to use the old setup. I have over 2 years of Java coding under my belt but I am new to modding and I used that code as a tutorial and to edit vanilla mechanics. So, my question is how can I edit Vanilla classes now? Before you all start yelling at me, as far as I know, I absolutely have to edit them in order to make my mod (e.g removing gravity through the EntityLivingBase.class). So:

1.  How/Can I get the old style environment back?

2. If not, how/can I edit vanilla classes now?

3. If not, how/can I edit vanilla mechanics then (e.g. EntityLivingBase.onUpdate())?

You can't use .965. They killed it somehow with the hash checker. It will not work no matter what you do and it really ticks me off.

Bytecode patching through ASM?

I'm experienced with Java, not modding. I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind explaining what exactly that is.

That makes sense if you are making a mod however I am making a mod-pack so that doesn't apply to me. Last question, did Lex Manos purposefully screw with the .965 build or is that really supposed to work? Because I really miss my old workspace.

You don't seem to understand. I am making the mods themselves so there is no question of incompatibility. Not only that, I am doing some MAJOR modification to core MC classes (Changing this from a mining game to a space game). Also,I would really rather not spend 2 weeks trying to learn how to inject code at run time. That is why the old setup is extremely preferable. Back to my point, is there anyway to get my hands on a working version of the old setup? Build .965 will not work as it fails on the hash check of the server.

EDIT: And I find that fishy because it didn't do that 1 week ago.

Last question, did Lex Manos purposefully screw with the .965 build or is that really supposed to work? Because I really miss my old workspace.
Yes I completely screwed over all older modding JUST to fuck with you. YOU specifically!

Seriously dude? No, MOJANG changed shit, and that's why the old system doesn't work.

The gradle system is designed so that we can easily adapt to MOJANG's changes on OUR end so that YOU don't have to deal with them yourself.

As for your project there are a couple things I wanna bring up:

1) As Dies said, Well thought out ASM injection would be the way to go wither or not you plan on using this with other mods.

2) Editing base classes is technically still possible with the gradle system, It's not even hard. You just need to now what you're doing. The removal of that ability by default serves two purposes, 1) To prevent people, such as yourself, from continuing to use shotgun style base edits because they don't wish to learn any better. And 2) Reinforces to the general populous that Minecraft/Forge/Fml/Guava/Gson/lwjgl/... are Libraries and should be treated as such. Allowing for cleaner mods that are both more sibling, and user friendly.

3) If you wish to do shotgun style modding, you are free to do so. There is a wonderful tool called MCP that is the bases of that old python system you're so adament about. However, as we do not wish to, nore are capable of coding and supporting that style of anti-social modding. You will not find any help or support for it on these forums.

And lastly, Stop being a dick, if you have issues bring them up and politely ask for help.

Do not make it some conspiracy theory about me. It does nothing but annoying me and will most likely result in banishment.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

As always, your own sense of self importance is blinding. And I never asked why you changed to gradle. I wanted to know why you removed the ability to use the old one. Also its not a conspiracy theory. The .965 build worked a week ago and now it won't install. Thats a fact, not a theory. As for being a "dick", you would be the one who is being rude. I am just a new modder looking for some help/advice. Apparently you do not allow people with different opinions here.

Please explain to me how Mojang changing current files affects the 1.6.4 files on my computer that I used to install something a week ago. Mojang could have made 1.7 Minecraft into Flappy Birds and that still wouldn't affect the previous versions of MC.

Regardless, I managed to find someone who doesn't mind letting people choose their own path and got a pre-built forge from him. Consider this topic resolved.

I wanted to know why you removed the ability to use the old one. Also its not a conspiracy theory. The .965 build worked a week ago and now it won't install. Thats a fact, not a theory.
You may be able to get it to work, but the conspiracy theory I'm referring to is that you think I was involved in that somehow. Seriously dude, If I cared THAT much about people using old versions, I would not have those old versions up for download.

As for being a "dick", you would be the one who is being rude. I am just a new modder looking for some help/advice. Apparently you do not allow people with different opinions here.
Ah, self delusions I see. You're not 'just' a new modder looking for some 'help/advice'. You're a twat kid who is going on rants specifically slandering myself on my own forums with ZERO proof to back up your claims, ZERO intelegent effort put into your argument, and ZERO effort put into trying to understand the situation you're bitching about.

And for all these reasons, and your failure to even try to learn when presented with the FACTS. You are here by banished, permanently, from these forums.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon