Can't set custom Item or Block IDs? (1.7.2)

Eria8

I just noticed whenever I test my mod the console log tells me that all my item and block IDs are mismatched and the mod IDs all seem to come directly after Vanilla IDs:

[00:15:05] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found item id mismatch starlight:chaosSword : 4112 4188

[00:15:05] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found item id mismatch starlight:wall_white : 185 186

[00:15:05] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found item id mismatch starlight:ChaoticHelmet: 4177 4165

[00:15:05] [server thread/INFO] [FML]: Found item id mismatch starlight:meteorite : 4139 4127

...and it keeps going and going for over a hundred lines with every item/block.

This is all the coding for an example item to show what I assumed would set my IDs:

In the main class there's

public static Item chaosSword;

public final int chaosSwordID = 10020;

and

@EventHandler

public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)

{

chaosSword = new com.starlight.weapons.chaosSword(chaosSwordID, ChaosSword).setUnlocalizedName("chaosSword").setTextureName("starlight:chaosSword");

GameRegistry.registerItem(chaosSword, "chaosSword");

}

And in the item's class

package com.starlight.weapons;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemSword;

public class chaosSword extends ItemSword

{

public chaosSword (int id, ToolMaterial ChaosSword)

{

super(ChaosSword);

this.setMaxStackSize(1);

this.setCreativeTab(tabStarlightWeapons);

}

}

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Forget about IDs. You should need to worry about them anymore, as they are handled internally.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

public chaosSword (int id, ToolMaterial ChaosSword)
   {
      super(ChaosSword);
      this.setMaxStackSize(1);
                this.setCreativeTab(tabStarlightWeapons);
   }

"id" is totally unused in this constructor. Removing is advised.

No, because you register the items with a string, so that's how minecraft now determins what item's should go where. So you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

IDs still technically exist, but they're now handled internally by Minecraft and are dynamically assigned per world (if you load a world, then add a mod and reload the world, that mods items won't exist (as far as I've seen and found for myself))

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it.