[1.7.2] Render Blend Issue

delpi

I had posted about this before but hadn't had time to really did into the issue.  I have now.

Item Blending in 3rd person on self does not work.  It works in 1st person, and on other Entities(both players and mobs) holding the item whether looking from 1st person or 3rd person.  Basically the only time it doesn't work is when you are holding the item yourself in 3rd person.  Something is happening render wise to negate the blend functions:

GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_BLEND);

GL11.glBlendFunc(GL11.GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL11.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

There was a post on something similar at :

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/972

However, there are several wrong statements in there.

I can promise this worked in 1.6.4.  I had it in my mod and it worked fine.  Nothing serious has changed.  The portion of the custom render from forge that renders the item in 3rd person for player and a different entity call up the same ItemRenderType of EQUIPPED.

I think this is a bug at this point.  I looked at the bug part of the forum and it doesn't seem to be for stuff like this.  could you point me towards the right place to get this looked at?

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

Just figured something out.  This doesn't look like a Forge issue so much as a minecraft issue.

Hold a colored glass block in your hand and compare it from 1st person to 3rd person.  It messes up in 3rd just like my Custom Item Render.

Tried this out in vanilla 1.7.2 and 1.7.4 and the issue goes away in 1.7.4 but exists in 1.7.2.  Very interesting.  Wonder what they changed and if we could duplicate it?

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help