[1.7.2] Overriding Item and block attributes

turangur

I'm looking to make the items hay and wheat edible, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. The only way I can think of would be to stop those items from being generated or crafted, and creating entirely new items and blocks to replace them, but if possible I do not want to do that as it sounds extremely complicated and messy. Is there another way to make hay and wheat edible?

Any help is appreciated. A link to another forum post I missed or pointing me to a certain area in the code would be helpful.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi

I think that creating your own new items & blocks for an edible hay and wheat is probably the best way to do it.  It's not as difficult as you might think, and actually- is there a particular reason you couldn't have both edible hay and (vanilla) non-edible hay in the game?

-TGG

Might take some tricks and hacks, but this might work.

Try using PlayerInteractEvent, check if the player is right-clicking and holding I guess "hay or wheat." That's what you want isn't it?

It would be difficult to create an eating animation, but I think there's a method for that.

If not, you can try using Java Reflection.

Upon consuming it, create some kind of timer (if you want) and add the effects you want.