[1.7.2] [UNSOLVED] Forge vine generation --> I had reproduced the problem again

Bektor

Hello.

It seems to be that forge has an bug with generating vines on trees:

Trees with vines and with Forge 1.7.2

width=800 height=424x7GPnEj.jpg?1 [/img]

Trees with vines and without Forge

width=800 height=424HHcLS6x.jpg?1 [/img]

I'm using Forge 1.7.2-10.12.2.1121, but I think it happens with Forge 1.7.2-10.12.1.1103 too.

Developer of Primeval Forest.

Not fixed. It happens not so oft, but its still not fixed. :(

Mostly the jungle trees will be gernerated in Forge 1.7.2-10.12.2.1125 correct, but there are jungle trees too, that will spawn wrong, like before.

Oh and if you run a mod that adds vines, then it happens sometimes by other trees too. (I'm not sure if it happens by other trees in Forge 1.7.2-10.12.2.1125, too but in older Forge version it happens...)

See: https://imgur.com/DiGiuJW&xgDeGaY

You will need to specify a seed and a location if you want me to track down any further, my tests show its fine and ive flower around quite a few jungle biomes.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Ok. Here is the seed I used: Seed: 4272942612931852048

The coordinates are:

x: -393

y: 65

z: -585

Oh and I think thats important, I played it on a Server (well important for the location, because the same seed in Singleplayer gives the same biome, but a different world...)

And sometimes the logs will be generated wrong. There are vines that hanging down and there are one or more logs in the tree missing where vines are.

What is the server setup, as that is what controls the world generation.

Here it is:

#Minecraft server properties
generator-settings=
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=false
announce-player-achievements=true
server-port=25565
level-type=LARGEBIOMES
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=4272942612931852048
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=true
spawn-animals=true
snooper-enabled=true
hardcore=false
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=true
difficulty=2
enable-command-block=false
player-idle-timeout=0
gamemode=0
max-players=4
spawn-monsters=true
generate-structures=true
view-distance=10
spawn-protection=16

Well I dont know where you're getting PrimevalForest as it appears to still be fore 1.6.4 not 1.7.2.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1920252-164152-primeval-forest-the-nature-gets-a-face-v009/

But that could well be a mod issue as I went to that location in the world and cound not see any malformed trees.

I'm gunna say this is solved unless you can reproduce on Forge itself.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Well I dont know where you're getting PrimevalForest as it appears to still be fore 1.6.4 not 1.7.2.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1920252-164152-primeval-forest-the-nature-gets-a-face-v009/

But that could well be a mod issue as I went to that location in the world and cound not see any malformed trees.

I'm gunna say this is solved unless you can reproduce on Forge itself.

Well, were I get it? From gradle with gradle build :P (Well, its currently for 1.7 in test state [because its not only a rewrite, but the update is unfinished, but I'm working on a Snapshot for this month...] and its currently in dev state for the 1.6 version of the Beta....)

And well, did you read my posts? Tested with and WITHOUT mods.

This time I reproduced it on the spawn, same seed with Forge itself (Forge 1.7.2-10.12.2.1126 this time). And I found some trees with that problem. It seems to be, that sometimes the generation of trees are failing and often not, because about 90 or 99% of all trees are spawned correct...

I'm don't know if the trees will be spawned another time on that location wrong, so if you don't believe me I can send you screenshots, the server or the complete world...

Send me everything, the world, the saves, the etire server folder including all mods and everything.

I went to the location you specified and it loaded just fine.

World gen uses a psudo random which means it is NOT random. Which is why you get the same worlds with the same seeds.

So it would gen incorrectly on my system if it was still an issue.

Ok.

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfnuni4l08e6azr/Modding.Test.Server.zip

I hope that this will help you...

Oh and its not exact the same, because the Minecraft Trees are spawning with an random factor (where are the leaves and the vines, but its not so big difference, but the terrain is the same...).

Alright, got your server {you have a messed up setup byte, protip: Do not rename any jars}

Everythign looks perfectly fine to me,. I went to the coords you specified and could not see anything wrong, flew around and compared it to vanilla spawn, everything is exactly the same including orders things spawned in, so this is solved unless you can provide me EXACT details of the EXACT locations in the world that you're having issues with.

Include logs, screen shots with the debug stats up, EVERYTHING.