[1.7.2] Sandwich that you can add stuff to

TheUnlocked

I was thinking of making a sandwich in my mod where you would put 2 slices of bread (I already make that item!) together (one on top of the other) to get a Sandwich with item description "empty". Then, you could shapeless craft it with any food to get half the stats of that food added to the sandwich but you can only add a certain number of things to the sandwich and you cannot add twice of the same. I kind of know how to do this but I can't think of any working code. My main problem is accessing and editing a copy of the addShapelessRecipe function. Any help would be appreciated.

Going off memory and guesswork but here is an idea.

I think you will have to create all the shapeless recipies to generate your sandwich.  Have it output the same 'empty' sandwich.  Might want a different name.

use the crafting event to see what you did and add nbt data to your itemstack for your sandwich indicating what is in it.  Have your render check to see to chagne graphic.  Probably need some packets love here.  Also could change tooltip.

When you do this on the crafting event, if it is full, change it to a different item so the crafting won't work anymore.  It could be a simple extension of the previos item so you don't have to recode, but that will stop the crafting.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help