Strange GUI rendering for some users'

shadowmage4513

Hi all,

Some of my users are reporting some strange GUI rendering problems that I cannot seem to track down on my end:

Here is how the GUI displays for me in dev and multi-mc instances, and for most users:

width=800 height=476https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95935735/AW%20Dev%20Shots/2014-06-24-res_gui.png[/img]

And here is how it is displaying for a couple of users.  The background is rendering as black instead of gray.  The details are all there (can still see slots rendered in some other guis), but the main background layer is black/extremely dark.  They are each running different mod-packs (but probably have a few in common, so could be a common cause).

68dbc214-fb27-11e3-856b-839e0e1e8e2b.jpg

(holy crap thats a big SS.....)

Any ideas what the cause could be?

I already tried putting code in place to reset openGL state for lighting, textures, disabling 2nd texture unit (lightmap texture?), lots of other stuff.

The strange part is that the scrollable composite areas render properly -- and I don't do any lighting stuff inside their render code, only bind the texture.

Most relevant source:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/AncientWarfare2/blob/master/src/main/java/net/shadowmage/ancientwarfare/core/gui/GuiContainerBase.java

https://github.com/shadowmage45/AncientWarfare2/blob/master/src/main/java/net/shadowmage/ancientwarfare/core/gui/elements/CompositeScrolled.java

I haven't had that error in forge, but I have had it in other applications related to the box being a popup or not.

Is it possible they have another gui open behind it or right before it?  Can you open it in different ways?

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

That particular GUI can only be opened via using an item -- so there shouldn't be any other GUIs open.

Apparently for the affected users it effects most/all of the GUIs.  I am investigating having them try with no other mods installed to see if it is a mod-conflict or something else.  Either way, I will probably need to find a solution I can implement in my code.

Could be a z-level thing -- I don't mess with z-level during gui rendering at all, so it is left at whatever the previous renderer(mod) had set.

Hard for me to test solutions though, as I have been unable to duplicate the problem (gotta love those issues....)