Updating to or installing a new version of Forge

williamlc

I started out playing with Forge 1.6.4, and later on I decided to install Forge for 1.7.2, the installer ran without any issues. Then when I tried to launch 1.7.2-Forge######### it said that the version installed didn't meet the minimum version for that version of Minecraft (It was). 1.6.4 still worked fine. When Forge for 1.7.10 came out, I decided to try again with the same results. Is it just that you can't have more than one version of Forge in a directory? I backed up my 1.6.4 installation, re-downloaded Minecraft and installed Forge for 1.7.10 in a clean directory and it worked fine. Is it just that more than one version can't co-exist in the same directory at the same time, or do I need to do something special for it to work. I've googled around for the answer and I haven't been able to find anything so I am hoping someone here can help me out.

Use the standard mojang launcher you can have as many versions of MC and Forg3e installed as you want.

What you CANT do is share the same mods folder as 1.6 mods will not work on 1.7.

So please follow the rules and post your full log file for further help.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Okay so good, so I am also going to guess that I can't just have a folder in the mods folder for each version (ex. 1.6.4, 1.7.2, 1.7.10). I'll restore my old directory later (I have to go to the Grocery store, I only had enough time to check here) and see if separating the mods folder fixes it. If not, which log file do you want. I have 4. ForgeModLoader-client-0.log, ForgeModLoader-client-0.log.lck, ForgeModLoader-client-1.log, and ForgeModLoader-client-2.log. And would it be okay if I put them in a OneDrive folder and gave you the link?

Yes, you can.

If you do mods/1.7.10/***.jar that mod will only be loaded by FML for 1.7.10.

Thanks for the help. I did some organizing around in the directory and it seems to be fine now. Thank you both for the assistance, I really appreciate it!