[1.7.2] Similar Texture question

Electrobob99

Ok, my question is. Is it possible to code a block to utilize 2 textures as it's texture, in which one texture is of the original block preferably transparent, and the other being the texture of the block under it? Like if my basic texture of it is similar to grass minus the dirt, and the block under it is wood, it would make the side of my block look like grass growing on wood. I think similar to Thaumcraft taint on beehives.

Member of Aerotech Networks, a Multi-Gaming server.

Also Currently porting the "Rise of the Automatons" minecraft mod

Hi

Yes it is possible.  Personally I would use an ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler (a google on that keyword should get you plenty of tutorials) and render twice, first the underlying block then the tranparent.

However apparently it is also possible to do it using just vanilla pass 0 and pass 1, I've never done that personally.

Some more info here:

http://greyminecraftcoder.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/rendering-transparent-blocks.html

-TGG