Running forge on a hosted server

Flibberdee

I have purchased a server from Vortex. I put together a bunch of mods I wanted to play for MC 1.7.2 and checked them out in SSP and got all the mods to play together. I copied the mods to the server then installed (through the Installer) the server into an empty folder. I took those files and copied them to the server. I used the forge installer and installed forge-1.7.2-10.12.2.1147-universal server and copied it over.

I had to open a ticket to get the server host to set up the server to start with forge.jar and now the server will not start. When I click on start I get an initial spike on cpu usage on the server then I get a PID 0 message. If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong. I have searched and have not found any useful info. All of the guides I read are about servers at someones home where they have complete control and can set up a start.bat file.

I thought that maybe the forge file didnt like to be renamed so I installed the server again and then uploaded a fresh forge.jar without renaming. This however made no difference. I am still getting the same thing.

Right now I am trying to get the server started with no mods just forge and I am getting nowhere.

This is all on your hosts end, we cant really do anything, if you run the server as we install it it will work.

It is also possible that the mods are causing the server to crash, it's also possible that there is a monkey in the data center punching your server.

We do not know unless we get logs.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon