[1.7.10] Exceeding 20 Ticks Per Second

TLHPoE

Is there anyway to exceed the 20 ticks per second that Minecraft has? The reason I ask this is because I want to spawn entities at a rate higher than 20 per second.

One way that I know of is to make it seem like it's going faster by spawning 2 or more entities per tick and spacing them out. Another way is to speed the game up entirely, similar to how this mod does it.

Kain

Speeding up is much harder than slowing down.  The reason there is 20 ticks per second is because the game may need the time.  I don't know about you but sometimes when I run it complains about ticks taking too long -- this means there is too much going on to complete in one tick.

I think it is a bad idea and also unnecessary -- A traditional film movie runs at 24 frames per second and motion appears pretty smooth to human eye.  In fast moving computer games, you can detect some differences between 30 and 60 fps, but it is really subtle.  I doubt that spawning a couple per tick would look "bad".

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/