Different minecraft version/Different mods/Different Profile installs (mac help)

marelzarka

Hello everyone!! I'm new on the forge forums and I'd like to get some help as to how I can install different minecraft mods for different versions on different profiles. EX) I'm installing a modpack on 1.6.4, but as I add mods to the 1.6.4, I'd like to start updating the mods to 1.7.10, without having to switch computers or reinstall vanilla minecraft. I am on a mac but if this is something that a lot of people want to have tutorialed, feel free to move it to the proper thread, section.

Common issues: I used the installer to mod both versions of 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, and when I placed 2 different minecraft versions in the mods folder, the simply refuses to run. I installed 1.6.4 first and then placed the 1.6.4 version of the mod in the folder first as well.

Thank you for taking a look!!