[1.7.10] NetworkDispatcher exception

Epitaffio

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade my private modpack from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10 and i receive this error -it's not a crash, no log in the crash-report, no mention in the server- then the client disconnect with this message: "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Payload may not be larger than 32k"

I think it's something related with the player height position, because it pop out only with BOP when i go on the top of a mountain or in galacticraft when i go up in the sky with a rocket.

I don't know if it's forge related or it is something mod side (i have no clue from the log).

btw, here it is the fml-client-latest.log: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/31e0a9f45a43dce78f2c/raw/gistfile1.txt

If there are any other info or test needed, just ask!

Thanks in advance.

Humm would be useful if it would dump the data, however the issue is that one or more of your mods is trying to send WAY too much data to the server from the client.

If you are having the issue when you are trying to switch dimensions with GalacticCraft it may be worth talking to them about it. But I would attempt to reproduce it reliable first to make sure it's GC.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Humm would be useful if it would dump the data, however the issue is that one or more of your mods is trying to send WAY too much data to the server from the client.

If you are having the issue when you are trying to switch dimensions with GalacticCraft it may be worth talking to them about it. But I would attempt to reproduce it reliable first to make sure it's GC.

It's not a problem with the dimension switch, it happen also when i am at the top of a BOP mountain. The client log me out, then if i relog i have like 10sec than it will log me out again, but in that 10sec if i go down the mountain everything will go fine.

I'm not a native english speaker, so i hope it's clearly enough.

But if it's not a know issue with forge i will go try to remove one mod at time to find who is causing this.

Thanks anyway!

Have you added worlds to your galacticraft? May be overloading the packet that sends the planet info.

Just a guess as I have no clue.

It's not galacticraft's fault, the crash happen also with galacticraft removed when i go on the top of a Biome of Plenty's mountain.

btw i have tested out one mod at time and i found it's the Hat mod that crash the client. I am going to report to ichun now.

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing the same issue with DNS TechPack.  When you reach a height of about 180-190 it bombs with that payload 32k error.

The coders over there are saying its a Forge Bug.

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Payload may not be larger than 32k

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C17PacketCustomPayload.<init>(SourceFile:38) ~[iz.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.toC17Packet(FMLProxyPacket.java:120) ~[FMLProxyPacket.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.write(NetworkDispatcher.java:417) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:637) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at mods.immibis.core.impl.NetworkingManager$FakeSpecialPacketHandler.write(NetworkingManager.java:482) ~[NetworkingManager$FakeSpecialPacketHandler.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:688) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:717) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:893) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannel.java:239) ~[AbstractChannel.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager$1.run(NetworkManager.java:174) [ek.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:354) [singleThreadEventExecutor.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348) [NioEventLoop.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [singleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]

[17/9/2014 19:09:13 PM] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_11]