[1.6.4] Trouble With Opacity/Backface Culling

XLzanfran

Hi, everyone! I'm having a little issue with trying to replicate the normal Minecraft glass. The issue is that I can see the sides of other blocks of my glass through one of my glass blocks, whilst the normal glass simply doesn't render the side visible through another block of glass. Any ideas?

The transparency code for my "Clear Glass" block is as follows:

public boolean renderAsNormalBlock() {
    return false;
}
public boolean isOpaqueCube() {
   return false;
}

Here is a picture of the issue next to the target (Clear Glass:Left, Normal Glass:Right)

nVpKdxb.png

Try using getRenderBlockPass. Taking a look at what glass does (which I highly recommend doing before asking us), I see that that would most likely be what would help.

-Mitchellbrine

Minecraft can do ANYTHING, it's coded in Java and you got the full power of Java behind you when you code. So nothing is impossible.

It may be freaking fucking hard though, but still possible ;)

If you create a topic on Modder Support, live by this motto:

I don't want your charity, I want your information

I don't understand this - "The issue is that I can see the sides of other blocks of my glass through one of my glass block"

Basically what the OP meant was that the faceculling didn't happen in the same way as the original block. E.g. if you look through both glasstypes to another glass of the same type, in one you'll see the texture of the glass behind it and in the other you won't.

The solution is as Mitchelbrine said before you have to render the glass as if it is a full block so that only the sides you are directly seeing are being rendered with getRenderBlockPass