Cannot start minecraft with FML

theoklitos

Goodmorning everyone,

So I am trying for the past hours to install FML. I have a brand new minecraft install, i got a fresh download of Forge from the links here (tried with both Recommended and Latest).

I copy the stuff inside the .jar and delete the MET-INF. I have no mods installed, no weird stuff, nor am I trying to do anything complicated. Everything is fresh. When minecraft starts it freezes at the "setting up your minecraft enviroment" at 0%. I also downloaded and put the 3 libs in the libs folder, just in case.

This is the error message:

Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/client/FMLTextureFX
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2444)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:1952)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ReflectionHelper.findMethod(ReflectionHelper.java:170)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.computeExistingClientHome(FMLRelauncher.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.relaunchApplet(FMLRelauncher.java:233)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.appletEntry(FMLRelauncher.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftApplet.init(MinecraftApplet.java:28)
at net.minecraft.Launcher.replace(Launcher.java:136)
at net.minecraft.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:79)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLTextureFX
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

Please help me? I've tried everything i can think of...

By the way I'm running ubuntu 10.04.

had similar problem with my debian dedicated server. FML tries to load some files. i managed this by start minecraft this as root. after that u have give rights back to the user...

u know this stuff like:

chown -R userxyz:userxyz /home/minecraft
chmod -R 755 /home/minecraft

or copy the files manually decribed here:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,2056.msg16325.html#msg16325

2012-09-10 21:14:06 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] There were errors during initial FML setup. Some files failed to download or were otherwise corrupted. You will need to manually obtain the following files from these download links and ensure your lib directory is clean.

2012-09-10 21:14:06 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] *** Download http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/argo-2.25.jar

2012-09-10 21:14:06 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] *** Download http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/guava-12.0.1.jar

2012-09-10 21:14:06 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] *** Download http://files.minecraftforge.net/fmllibs/asm-all-4.0.jar

2012-09-10 21:14:06 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] <===========>

Download those files to your .minecraft/lib folder.