Model Animations [UNSOLVED] [1.7.10]

TheEpicTekkit

Hello everyone.

I would like to animate a part of a model I have for a block, and I don't know how I can do this. I know I can use GL11, but I only want it to affect one part of the model, instead, it seems to affect all of the model, or be really glitchy and flicker.

What I am trying to do is animate the open and close motion for the door on my block when the player opens the gui. So, I don't want something that is simple and just it immediately swings open, and suddenly stops, and the same with closing, I want there to be some acceleration and deceleration to it.

Now, is it possible to load a model from a program like Maya, Cinema 4D or Blender, and load any animations on the model too? If not, I'll just use GL11 to animate it, but I need to know how to properly animate an individual part of the model.

Also, if this is relevant information, I am using a techne model.

Thanks.

I ask complicated questions, and apparently like to write really long detailed posts. But I also help others when I can.

Well, you just have to use Java to control the animation.  You already have a render() function I assume and you will just need some variable to keep track of the progress of the animation and change that into rotation (or whatever you need for the animation).  So when the GUI opens you might set a counter to 40 (for two seconds) and then count it down each time you render.  In the render you'd have an array with the rotation angle you want per tick, and the index would be this counter.  Then just use GL11 to rotate by the amount you need.

Does that make sense?  Have an array of rotation angles and step through it with a counter to create the animation duration over time.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

This is what I have already tried.

int maxAngle = 90;

for (int angle = 0; angle < maxAngle; angle++) {
        GL11.glRotatef(angle, 0, 1, 0); //rotate on the Y axis.
        model.Door.rotateAngleY = angle; //Apparently 90 degrees for this is 1.5F, dont know why, but I had to do some maths to get angle as close to that as possible.
        //I have tried both of these methods (not at the same time) and neither of them worked.
}

Now, I have noticed the setRotationAngles(float par1, float par2, float par3, float par4, float par5, float par6, Entity entity)... method in the model class, but how do I use it? what are the parameters? I do know that this is what is used to animate players and mobs.

I ask complicated questions, and apparently like to write really long detailed posts. But I also help others when I can.

Would this work?

public float lidAngle;

//irrelevant code here...

@Override
public void renderTileEntityAt(TileEntity tileEntity, double x, double y, double z, float f) {

if (tileEntity instanceof TileEntityFuseBox) {

//System.out.println(tileEntity.xCoord + ", " + tileEntity.yCoord + ", " + tileEntity.zCoord); //Debugging
		this.fuseBox = (TileEntityFuseBox)tileEntity.getWorldObj().getTileEntity(tileEntity.xCoord, tileEntity.yCoord, tileEntity.zCoord);

if (this.fuseBox.isOpen && this.lidAngle < 90 && this.fuseBox.openingTime != 0) { //If the lid isn't open, but the gui is
			this.fuseBox.openingTime--;
			this.lidAngle += 2.25F;
		} if (!this.fuseBox.isOpen && this.lidAngle > 0 && this.fuseBox.openingTime != 20) { //If the lid is open but the gui isn't
			this.fuseBox.openingTime++;
			this.lidAngle -= 2.25F;
		}

if (this.lidAngle < 0) this.lidAngle = 0;
		if (this.lidAngle > 90) this.lidAngle = 90;

doRender = true;
		int meta = tileEntity.getBlockMetadata();
		if (doRender) {
			GL11.glPushMatrix();
			GL11.glTranslatef((float)x, (float)y, (float)z);
			Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine.bindTexture(texture);
			this.renderModelBasedOnMeta(meta); //This has all the render info about my model.
			GL11.glPopMatrix();
		}
	}
}

//RenderModelBasedOnMeta() method here (really big as 12 possible metadatas, and an if statement for each)

public void renderLid() {
	this.model.Door.rotateAngleY = this.lidAngle;
}