Info for Devs (and users with the problem) about errors getting Forge to install

TestingForge

Hi, since i fixed my install issues myself i'm sad to see the same problems often being talked about in the forums (and in a general internet search 'Forge install problem' is quite common).

Would one of the moderators/devs maybe add this fix to the FAQ or something, it was from my first thread i posted here as i was also having issues, and went through all the usual methods to try to fix it with help from the great folks here, all to no avail. Then i just tried something on a hunch and my problem was fixed! This was the thread with that info in:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,23525.msg119376.html#msg119376

THE FIX FOR MY FORGE INSTALLATION PROBLEM (the jar file doing nothing when clicked on):

Put the installer INSIDE the main Java folder on my PC, then when clicked it would run.

All the other methods did not work, but this did and now i've been happily playing the Life in the Woods mod i bought Minecraft for!

I hope this info can be added to the other fixes, as i was about to give up on Forge myself at the time, it might solve many people problems? :)

And thanks to the Devs for Forge, awesome work.

This is caused by you having a broken java install this is not a proper fix.

If you have the issues you had just use the windows installer it was made for people like you who broke you java installs.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon