[1.7.10] Replace/Override RenderPlayer render method

MuffinMonster

Well, to start of with my knowledge of what RenderPlayer does is pretty much null(I think it's about rendering the third-person character) but I need to be able to change one method inside that class.

Now I do know how to override and change the method but getting forge to actually call my changed method instead of the default one is where the problem is located.

The method is

renderEquippedItems()

If you didn't know this is kind of a followup on my last thread on bows.

Any help is appreciated.

--Remember to "Thank you" posts that actually helped you, and if a person seems nice, why not give them an applaud while you're at it--

As noted in the last thread the positioning and rotation of a bow in hand (Note: Third-person view) there are only 2 places that handles the translation of the bow, ItemRenderer and RenderPlayer. There is the ItemRenderer class but as the comments note those methods render the item in First-person mode, and the misplaced bow is seen in third-person(Aka. The bow in First-person view is already rendered correctly).

To be specific, this is the method I need to change:

(It begins at line 345 in RenderPlayer)

else if (itemstack1.getItem() == Items.bow)
            {
                f2 = 0.625F;
                GL11.glTranslatef(0.0F, 0.125F, 0.3125F);
                GL11.glRotatef(-20.0F, 0.0F, 1.0F, 0.0F);
                GL11.glScalef(f2, -f2, f2);
                GL11.glRotatef(-100.0F, 1.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F);
                GL11.glRotatef(45.0F, 0.0F, 1.0F, 0.0F);
            }

This check,

itemstack1.getItem() == Items.bow

is not compatible with my custom bows, which means those translations and rotations never happen on my held bows.

That's what need to be changed.

--Remember to "Thank you" posts that actually helped you, and if a person seems nice, why not give them an applaud while you're at it--

No need to reinvent the wheel here: example bow renderer.

You'll obviously need to remove any parts specific to my mod, and you may want to compare to the vanilla bow rendering. The arrow rendering section is from Battlegear2's code and is really slick - I highly recommend using that if you plan on being able to use multiple arrow types in your bow, but be sure to credit the BG2 team for it and not me ;)