[1.8] Q. can I get the actual world and the actual EntityPlayer from other class

perromercenary00

well

i need to play a sound from a custom class, not an item or block class, to do dat i need the current world and the player EntityPlayer.

worldIn.playSoundAtEntity(playerIn, "modmercenario:neutro", 1.0F, 1.0F);

for that I need to extract the current EntityPlayer  and the local world from somewhere else

i was searching  methods in minecraft class but nothing that could serve me

like a clock or the compas must work in the inventory whithout need of click

this class was created to change the texture of an indicator item and depend on mi keybindings class, iwanna make it give mi sounds ass well wen the gearbox value change

//gearbox.java

//_____________________________

package mercenarymod.utilidades;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;

import net.minecraft.world.World;

import mercenarymod.items.display.gearbox_display;

public class gearbox{

public static int gear = 0;

public static int getgear(){return gear;}

public static void setgear(int g){gear=g;}

public static int limite = 5;

public static int getlimite(){return limite;}

public static void setlimite(int l){limite=l;gear=0;}

public static World worldIn=null;

public static EntityPlayer playerIn=null;

public static void up(){

gear++;mgear();        }

public static void down(){

gear--;mgear();          }

public static String mgear(){

if (gear<=0){

gear=0;

gearbox_display.settextura("numeron");

return ""+gear;}

if (gear>=limite){gear=limite;}

gearbox_display.settextura("numero"+gear);

System.out.println("gear="+gear);

return ""+gear;

}

public gearbox(){;}

}

//_________________________________________

This code literally makes no sense.  Where is mgear() called from?  Why does it return a string and play a sound?  Why not pass it a world and player parameter when its called?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

well mi mod has a keybindclass named KeyInputHandler  wen press '+' or '-'in the keyboard  it executes

public static void up(){

gear++;  mgear();        }

or

public static void down(){

gear--;  mgear();          }

thats execute mgear and mgear play a sound wen int gear is zero and call gearbox_display.settextura("numero"+gear); that class is an item an has a method to change the texture of the item based on the int gear value

soo first go the keyhandler but keyhandler dont have world value or entityplayer value and i need those two to play a sound 

These gears have no meaning unless you're trying to use keybinds to affect an object in the world.  If that's the case, you need packets.

If you're doing something entirely client side, you don't need a world and player reference at all and should be looking into playing client-side-only sounds.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

i just resolve how to play sounds yesterday

how do you do that ?

the method i been using play the sound over the head of steve for it needs the value of the world in which steve is and the entitityplayer representing steve entity to get the coordinates where steve is

is a method to play a sound all over the place (loaded chuncks) in all the worlds at the same  time ?

i get something

Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

EntityPlayer playerIn= mc.thePlayer;

World worldIn=mc.theWorld;

World worldOn= playerIn.getEntityWorld();

System.out.println("es worldIn remoto ="+worldIn.isRemote);

System.out.println("es worldIn remoto ="+worldOn.isRemote);

System.out.println("Entity steve Nombre="+playerIn.getDisplayNameString() );

ItemStack hand=playerIn.getHeldItem();

System.out.println("Entity steve in hand="+hand.getUnlocalizedName());

if i create an object from the minecraft class i can extrac from there the user and the world but just the remote world    and i need the local

the other thinks is.

here i just have mi player in the developmen environment

if iuse 

Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

EntityPlayer playerIn= mc.thePlayer;

in a lan party it will always get mi user or gona get mixed whith the users of the other players?

That code will always get the local player.  However, that code will crash a server.