1.6-1.7.10 map conversion problem

hope42morrow

Hello there.

So, here is my problem. I tried to update 1.6.4 map to 1.7.10, and it works nice on vanilla game, but installed Forge just messes everything up. Like, glass panels and vines instead of most blocks etc.

7C5D5XtxrxU.jpg

xHyQQ0I7jeg.jpg

What am I doing wrong and is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Make sure you load it atleast once using the latest 1.6.4 Forge then update it to 1.7.

If not you can try submitting the world for me to look at so that I can try and see if anything is wrong on our end.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Well, that's the list of what I've tried (this world also uses some blocks from my custom mod):

1) 1.6.2 > 1.7.10 without Forge/my mod, vanilla blocks are okay

2) 1.6.2 > 1.7.10 with Forge and without my mod, vanilla blocks are changed to random (air to glass panels, stone to vines, etc.)

3) 1.6.2 > 1.6.4 with Forge and my mod updated to 1.6.4, everthing's fine

4) 1.6.4 > 1.7.10 with Forge and without my mod, vanilla blocks are okay

5) 1.6.4 > 1.7.10 with Forge and my mod updated to 1.7.10, no block conflicts, but air is changed to glass panels, all other vanilla blocks are changed to planks, mod blocks are okay.

Fml has been storing a block name -> id map in the world file since early 1.6.

If everything was mapped correctly it would update just fine.

If not, I need the world, and mods related to it so that I can debug myself.

Then again.

You're on the VERY end of 1.7.10's lifecycle, so shame on you for taking this long -.-

So please, just give me what I ask for so I can debug it -.-

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

I am wondering if this ever got resolved, as I am having difficulty upgrading a saved world with mods from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10 (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-universal).

If I try to bring over my old world (that had previously run on minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.1345), I get some pretty funky results, like air being replaced by Bibliocraft desk lamps, missing textures, crashes, etc... that's just an example, it's not always desk lamps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.