Projectile Rendering Problem

Asweez

Ok so I have my projectile that has no gravity. When I shoot it with 6.0f velocity, it renders way to the side of where the actual entity is. The actual entity still works, however, because it hurts mobs that I shoot it at, even though the render is way off. How do I fix/prevent this?

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

Hi

I saw a very similar bug a year ago.  It was caused by some vanilla code which treats projectiles differently from others, by checking for instance of EntityArrow

Perhaps yours is the same bug.  Try changing your EntityModelArrow extends Entity to EntityModelArrow  extends EntityArrow

see here for more info

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,14315.msg73758.html#msg73758

-TGG

Ok so I have a problem. The EntityArrow doesn't use getGravityVelocity or on impact, both of which I need. It also makes you stick in the ground and you pick it up. But i think I can fix those last two.

Hi

I saw a very similar bug a year ago.  It was caused by some vanilla code which treats projectiles differently from others, by checking for instance of EntityArrow

Perhaps yours is the same bug.  Try changing your EntityModelArrow extends Entity to EntityModelArrow  extends EntityArrow

see here for more info

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,14315.msg73758.html#msg73758

-TGG

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

Hi

If you don't want some of the EntityArrow behaviour and you need some of the other methods such as getGravityVelocity and onImpact, then override onUpdate and provide only the behaviour you want?

Alternatively perhaps something like EntitySnowball might provide some clues - you could try deriving from that instead of EntityArrow.  It really depends on your specific requirements for your projectile...

-TGG