Forge version support elimination

Thornack

Hi everyone,

I have noticed a somewhat large annoyance with regards to Forge version support. Every so often, it seems that support for earlier versions of Forge gets removed, for example I tried to set up a dev environment for 1.7.10 a few days ago and could not since it appears some reference libraries have moved. In general I have also found that setting up the dev environment is a bit of a pain due to the issue of having to run the command prompt commands etc etc... Is there anyway to set up a dev environment for previous versions of forge (lets say I would like to set up a dev env for 1.5.1 or 1.7.2) how could this be achieved given that the reference libraries keep getting moved?

I am comfortable using the scripts I guess to clarify that point what I meant was that the process isnt streamlined and it is annoying when the scripts change. Are you sure that the libraries still exist down to 1.6.4? I tried to set up a dev environment again and it failed cause they seem to be missing or moved. I tried if with the recommended version of forge for 1.7.2

I was wondering if there is a better way to do the reference libraries so that such errors do not occur?