Custom Furnace GUI issue 1.7.10 RESOLVED

INTENSS

this is for 1.7.10

I've created a custom furnace and almost everything works great, when its in idle state (not cooking) I right click and the GUI opens perfectly and everything works. Now when it is cooking (active state) and I try to open the GUI it crashes my game. only thing I'm getting from the crash report is:

Ticking memory connection

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.INTENSS.BTP.TileEntities.MagFurnaceTE cannot be cast to net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntityFurnace

this is my onBlockActivated() snipplet:

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer player, int i, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ) {
	if (!world.isRemote) {
		FMLNetworkHandler.openGui(player, MainRegistry.instance, MainRegistry.guiIDMagFurnace, world, x, y, z);
	} 

return true;
}

I can provide any further information requested. I've poured over my code and can't seem to locate an issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

GUI code

import org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11;

import com.INTENSS.BTP.Containers.ContainerMagFurnace;
import com.INTENSS.BTP.TileEntities.MagFurnaceTE;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer;
import net.minecraft.client.resources.I18n;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.InventoryPlayer;
import net.minecraft.inventory.Container;
import net.minecraft.inventory.ContainerFurnace;
import net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntityFurnace;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public class FurnaceGui extends GuiContainer {

public static final ResourceLocation GuiTexture = new ResourceLocation("btp:textures/gui/mag_furnace.png");
    public MagFurnaceTE magFurnace;

public FurnaceGui(InventoryPlayer player, MagFurnaceTE entity)
    {
        super(new ContainerMagFurnace(player, entity));
        this.magFurnace = entity;
    }

protected void drawGuiContainerForegroundLayer(int i, int j)
    {
        String s = this.magFurnace.hasCustomInventoryName() ? this.magFurnace.getInventoryName() : I18n.format(this.magFurnace.getInventoryName(), new Object[0]);
        this.fontRendererObj.drawString(s, this.xSize / 2 - this.fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(s) / 2, 6, 4210752);
        this.fontRendererObj.drawString(I18n.format("container.inventory", new Object[0]), 8, this.ySize - 96 + 2, 4210752);
    }

protected void drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(float a, int i, int j)
    {
        GL11.glColor4f(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
        this.mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(GuiTexture);
        int k = (this.width - this.xSize) / 2;
        int l = (this.height - this.ySize) / 2;
        this.drawTexturedModalRect(k, l, 0, 0, this.xSize, this.ySize);

if (this.magFurnace.isBurning())
        {
            int i1 = this.magFurnace.getBurnTimeRemainingScaled(13);
            this.drawTexturedModalRect(k + 56, l + 36 + 12 - i1, 176, 12 - i1, 14, i1 + 1);
            i1 = this.magFurnace.getCookProgressScaled(24);
            this.drawTexturedModalRect(k + 79, l + 34, 176, 14, i1 + 1, 16);
        }
    }

}

I just through all the code again for the the furnace and not once amd I casting my MagFurnaceTE to TileEntityFurnace, its odd because it only crashes when its in it's active state and works perfect when in inactive state

update: it also crashes when I break it while active but does not while inactive.

well I've been testing and decided to create some cheap textures (I normally do this last) to verify that my block was in fact the block being placed. My custom INACTIVE furnace is being place, can be broken, GUI opens ect.. but when I throw fuel and an item to cook/smelt it updates the block with the vanilla minecraft block then crashes if I right or left click it, which really has me confused. I've went over this code for hours now and I KNOW I'm not casting to that vanilla block anywhere at all...

I've resolved the crashing issue so the game no longer crashes and the GUI opens a functions regardless of the state. I WAS in fact calling BlockFurnace in the updateEntity() method. now that I switched and fixed the main issue my MagFurnace Block no longer updates to active when it is cooking and the particles have stopped displaying. These are minor issue I can figure out. Thanks for trying to help shadowfacts