using an item to extend the players inventory

memcallen

I have a concept of an item, it basically extends the player's inventory. (this item links to a chest)

as an example, if the player used a bow but didn't have any arrows, although there were some in the item's linked chest the bow would work and shoot an arrow while using the arrow in the chest.

I don't need to constantly access the chest, as in storage wise, but the player.hasItem functions would return true if the chest had the item.

The proud(ish) developer of Ancients

I'm probably wrong, because I am reletively new to modding, but as far as I know, what you are looking for isn't really possible.

If I ever say something stupid, or simply incorrect, please excuse me. I don't know anything about 1.8 modding, and I don't know much about entities either, But I try to help when I can.

Is there any way to add extra slots to the player's inventory? If there is, could I just make the slots off screen, instead of in the middle like they're supposed to be? (kind of like adding 9 slots just off screen to the right, so the player can't access them)

The proud(ish) developer of Ancients