[1.8] Handling all block observations | Changing blockstates for specific player

grundyboy34

So I'm currently trying to dynamically update blocks via the server depending if the block is in a list or not.

However, do note that I'm not using a custom block as it will not serve the purpose that I need and will cause too many side effects.

Currently I do have the server changing block states in one second intervals, but the client doesn't update the blocks immediately.

However, I feel there has to be an even better way, perhaps a way for the server to access all the blocks that the player is rendering?

Essentially what I need, is a system that checks the blocks the player is seeing against a list, and if they're in that list then force the block to change on THAT PLAYER'S CLIENT ONLY. I don't every player to see the block changes, only that player. Think of it as observer dependency.

So question 1: Is there a way to handle block observations for all blocks?

And question 2: Is there a way to change blockstates only for a specific player?  (Yes, I want to desynchronize player's block data with the server's block data)

Thanks for any help and please ask if anything is unclear.

The fuck?

Sort answer: no.

Long answer: yes, but you shouldn't be doing what your saying. Because seriously, you want the SERVER to update the block on the CLIENT, because updating the block on the server and sending the change to the client  isn't fast enough. The fuck?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I realized that's not the best way to go now. I'm looking into some different ways to achieve what I'm looking for atm, possibly with tile entities.

What I'm looking to do is to create a block that mimics others, but doesn't appear the same to everyone. The way it appears to someone will depend on a variable, such that perhaps player 1 has x = 4 and player 2 has x = 6, so player 1 sees the block as dirt while player 2 sees it as air.

I've been trying to do this so many different ways, I appreciate all suggestions on ways to do it.

You should do all of that in the block's renderer.  It is unlikely that you should store this information in the TE/block itself.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.