Question about where to put something

Tschallacka

I spent 5 days digging through the nether fortress generation code and I finally figured out how it works and how it chooses how to generate stuff.

I now have two files commented in the workings(might not be perfect, but if you have general programming knowledge you should be able to figure out my ramblings)  and given variables logical traceable names.

I think people might be interested how to safely generate multichunk structures and have the structures not collide with other structures.

Now i'm not comfortable with just blatantly posting the mojang source code on the forum, but I do feel this is something to share with the community, so where do I leave it?

I modified the code so it will spawn the nether fortress in the overworld pretty closely packed but not touching eachother.

If you pm me i'd be happy to give you a d/l link so you can see for yourself until someone can point me where I can post this/leave this.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood - Guybrush Treepwood

I wrote my own mod ish... still a few bugs to fix. http://thaumcraft.duckdns.org/downloads/MagicCookies-1.0.6.4.jar

I know, but im not really in the mood to write a tutorial ;-) that costs a lot of time. I'd rather share the commented file.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood - Guybrush Treepwood

I wrote my own mod ish... still a few bugs to fix. http://thaumcraft.duckdns.org/downloads/MagicCookies-1.0.6.4.jar