[1.8] block model larger than block produces bizarre break texture

GalianRyu

Hey All,

I have tried to find a fix for this here and on Minecraft forums, but haven't found anything.  Am I the first person to actually try creating a model that extends past 1 block?

I decided to render one of my items that's a block and a half high as a block instead of a custom render to give my players more texturing options, since that works in 1.8 and you can specify models to be up to a block larger than the block itself.

However, when you break the block, the part of the model that sticks out past the block shows random textures instead of an actual break texture.  Is there a fix for this, or a workaround I can use where I can tell it not to use a break texture for this block or to use one I specify?

Check out my Mod: The RPCraft Toolkit!

Use two blocks.

</thread>

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I have considered that, but it would require making both the block itself, and the models/textures for it far more complicated than they currently are. There'd be another whole sub-block just to render a small rectangle.

It just strikes me as odd that Mojang gave players the ability to make models stick out past the block and didn't notice or consider a fault like this.  Before I have to recode the whole block, is there no way in Forge to change or remove the break texture on a block?

Check out my Mod: The RPCraft Toolkit!