Eclipse Luna?

Awesome_Spider

It's eclipse... how on earth can it look awesome?

HF4k53B.jpg

This is what a dark theme looks like:

GZKdEme.jpg

:P

Alright, I decided. Im getting luna.

One of the only reason is so my eyes dont combust from looking at bright white for hours and hours. I'm probably going to be using dark mode a lot. :D

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

Hmm... I turn around for a few hours and come back and there's a whole eclipse controversy. By the way By "It looks awesome" I meant it looks better than what I had.

And if you want to know my opinion on this whole thing I like eclipse. Ya, I said it. I have never used IDEA because it looks weird to me. Also, I have used the dark theme on eclipse and I like the light one better.

And if you want to know my opinion on this whole thing I like eclipse. Ya, I said it. I have never used IDEA because it looks weird to me.

You should try it then. I was a NetBeans user for years until I tried IDEA. There is no turning back.

(plus the whole workspace concept that eclipse uses is just too complex for my simple mind ;))

just you wait! ;)

Which one do I download. It has ultimate edition and community edition, but the community edition says it's for andriod apps. Help?

Community should work just fine for you (the ultimate version is paid):

https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

It can be used for Android development, and any other Java development as well - which includes modding with forge.

just you wait! ;)

Your workspace is still valid. You just need a couple more steps, as mentioned here: http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Installation/Source.

Copying from there:

If you run IDEA, the steps are a little different. Open IDEA Select 'import project' Navigate to your workspace and click on the build.gradle

Once IDEA finishes importing the project, close IDEA. In your command window, run

For Windows

gradlew genIntellijRuns

For Linux/Mac OS

./gradlew genIntellijruns

just you wait! ;)

Ya, no kidding. Once I tried to make a github repository directly in one of my mod's directories. BAD idea. The project uploaded to github properly. But I had to delete the repository because something wasn't working right. Then instead of deleting the repository, github deleted my mod. >:( I was furious. Then I realized the code in the repository was still there. So then there was a tedious process of restoring my code from the repository one class at a time. I learned a lesson that day. Always keep a backup. lol sorry for the long story.

as long as you don't delete your eclipse folder, you will still be able to access your project via eclipse if you decide you prefer eclipse. Though, imo, both IDEs are as strong, but IDEA is cleaned up more. I still prefer Eclipse myself because it is what I learned on, so I know how to use it.

Ok, I let it import. Check. I typed gradlew genIntelliJRuns. Check. I tried to run IntelliJ again, and the dang thing decides not to run! >:( The splash screen appears then a split second later it vanishes. I opened up task manager to see if it's running in the background. Guess what, NOTHING. I try restarting my computer (built up errors and such). Run IntelliJ and guess what. You guessed it NOTHING! It blink for a split second. I'm really frustrated atm. Any help is appreciated at this point.

you could also try using the command "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace idea" that will set everything up for you to run on IDEA. only think you will have to do is a asset fix which can be found here

Not true, if you use the idea task that fix is not needed (but you should import the build.gradle anyways, it's better :P).

I recently helped a friend start a mod of his own, he uses IDEA and still had to do the fix, even after running that command. Might have just been a faulty run that time, I don't know. That's the only reason I said he'd have to do the fix. And I wasn't saying it was a better way, I was just saying its another way to go about it.:P