Forge causing a crash upon startup

Hey guys,

I just wanted to report in that forge 1.8 won't allow the game to startup at all for me.

Here is the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 2 more

I am currently using the official Minecraft Launcher. However, the profile was setup by the new CurseVoice client version.

Yes, I am. Do you really want me to record myself opening the launcher and trying to launch the game for you?

Or perhaps there is another way you'd like me to prove it?

Hell, I'll even open up a livestream for you to walk you through whatever you want me to show.

I understand you have issues with people using cracked launchers, but I'm using the official launcher.

Yes, this is caused by bad launchers who dont handle the libraries correctly.

The proper launcher works fine and links in log4j like it should.

If you ARE telling the truth then delete the 'libraries' and 'versions' folder in your .minecraft folder and re-install everything.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Even if the launcher is opened by the curse voice client?

It launches the official client (1.6.11).

I could stop using the curse voice client to handle mod downloads and such if need be. But since it does launch the game form the official launcher (it only sets up the profile), I don't understand whats wrong.

Bleh.

EDIT: Alright I'll give that a shot.

Edit2: Alright, I did that, but it didn't help. However, I just realized the curse voice client installs a copy of the official launcher and libraries and such in the Documents/Curse folder. Perhaps that's the issue? If so, I'll just have to do it all manually

Also, it's only a 1.8 issue to clarify. It's not having any issues with 1.7.10 and earlier.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled both the official launcher and the curse voice, and replicated it again. Same crash. It may just be an issue with curse.

However, after installing forge manually to a default profile in the .minecraft folder, it's launching as it should (so long as I on't use curse).

So, I guess it is an issue with the way Curse client installs forge 1.8

Final Edit: It appears it is an issue with the curse client. Other people are reporting the same thing over at their forums. http://beta.cursevoice.com/forums/games/minecraft/29842-cannot-create-a-1-8-profile

Sorry for bugging you when it appears to be their issue. ^^;

No idea.

I can see that you can't even edit curse created profiles manually. The user can't even drop in say, a newer version of forge without it being overwritten by the client's settings on launch. Maybe that's the issue right there? Either way, it definitely seems like their issue.

Oh well! Until they fix it, Everyone will just have to stick to manually installing it all without using the curse client. That works just fine.

Again, sorry for the confusion. I'm able to play now just fine doing it all manually. :)