How do I get the EntityPlayer on the Server Side?

ashjack

Well you never want to use the client side player unless you are on the client(gui, key binding). It is almost always available on the server side. Where do you need an instance of the player?

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

No "it" won't be the first one in the list. On the server side there is the possibility of having more than one player, so if you're trying to get "your player" it won't work, the server side has access to all the players on the server, to get a player via username FMLCommonHandler.instance().getMinecraftServerInstance().getConfigurationManager().getPlayerByUsername("NAME")

Maybe you are doing it wrong.

So is this what you need? : when a player spawns an entity, find a random location in the world that is close to the player.

If it is that case, please specify what entity it is and when it got spawned by the player.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

There are two ways this entity will spawn: By a server command, which I have working as the server command contains information about the player who performed the command

And it will spawn on it's own if there is less than a specified amount of this entity. This is where my problem comes in, as I need to get the player manually for this.

If you're using LivingSpawnEvent for this you could create the instance of the player by doing:

EntityPlayer player;

if(event.entity instanceof EntityPlayer)
      player = (EntityPlayer)event.entity

Although, I am not certain if problems would arise from this.

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

I have just realised, I don't need to get the specific player on the server side. I only need to get a random player on the server side, because on multiplayer, I am still only spawning one entity, so it doesn't matter who it spawns near. Thank you everyone for your help.

It sounds like it could be wrong. Can you specify why you need player when it spawns?

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

So when the NPC needs the player, it follows the way to a player? Then you should need nearest player.

If it is not the case, please specify when it needs to call a player and why.

In any case, I'm sure that choosing random player would be really bad idea.

It doesn't actually go to the player, it goes to a block that the player must have interacted with for the entity to need to go there in the first place. If it is too far away, the entity 'warps' with a particle effect. The only reason it needs to spawn near a player is for aesthetic purposes, so any player will suffice.

So it just go to a block that any player would interacted in any time? then I was wrong.

I'm confused does this have anything to do with the original question?

Yes, because you might have gone to wrong direction. As diesieben said, it seems that you even don't need the player instance.

Uhh its not my question

Your question was : 'How do I get the EntityPlayer on the Server Side?'

I think it is definitely related with 'You don't even need to get the EntityPlayer for what you want'.